“Was hoping for a new place to get lunch”
Review of General Sam's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
General Sam's
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A co-worker offered to pick up lunch yesterday and so we tried out General Sams in Somserset, Wisconsin. Since it takes about 10 minutes to get from there to our work location, I ordered the Sante Fe Chicken Wrap sandwich with chips. The menu indicated the chicken was marinated with Sante Fe spices with a parmasan peppercorn ranch sauce, olives, tomatoes and lettuce. Unfortunately, the chef did not read or have input to the menu. The chicken was totally bland and tasteless. I was definitely expecting a lot more for a $9.00 sandwich. In addition, I anticipate a peppercorn ranch dressing to have some spice to it but was disappointed there as well and I think they must have been out of it and just used regular ranch instead. Very disappointing. My co-worker ordered the buffalo chicken wrap and had the same experience. Very bland - no flavor. I am disappointed.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This place rocks!!! We go once a week, sometimes twice. We always have a good time when we go here. The food is better then average bar food. The broasted chicken is addicting, the soups are delicious, the pizza is really good and we can't pass up the chicken wings with the dry rub. Try you'll like it!