“Awesome Stay”

Best Western Spooner Riverplace
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Spooner
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We were greeted by a nice friendly young man. He was very accomodating by open doors, asking if he could assist with luggage and even gave us some awesome restaurant selections. The one we chose was great. The room was very cleaned. Besides the usually hand soap, body wash, we were given toothburshes, razors, shaving cream, toothpaste and even a couple of comb. Breakfast was usual continental breakfast, over looking deck, which you could sit on if you would like. The lady at front desk was again friendly and very accomodating. Would stay here again and would recommend to travelers. Smaller community, but great service and hometown friendliness.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and recommendation of our hotel from you recent stay with us. We want all our guests to be happy with their decision to stay here. I hope you will let us serve you again and hopefully earn that 5th star from you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast room was clean with the typical hotel breakfast. Hotel has a deck in back that over looks the river. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations, and with our new deck, and hope you will let us serve you here again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

My husband and I were in Minnesota on vacation and I sprained my ankle. He wanted to get me back home to West Virginia so we started out the same day. We got as far as Spooner, WI and decided to check out the Best Western for the night.

Not only did we find it affordable, we found Jason to be the sweetest person and very caring. He saw that I was hurt and was genuinely concerned. He told my husband, after I got settled into my room, that he would do anything we needed, just to ring for him.

The room had two double beds so I propped my bad foot on one and laid back on wonderfully soft pillows and on great comfortable bed! It was the best sleep - besides my foot hurting.

Jason was our knight in shining armor at this Oasis in our time of trouble. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Thank you very much for giving us a chance to serve you during your recent road trip home from the Northland. I'm sorry you sprained your ankle, and hope your recovery is fast and full. Jason is terrific, and he inspires all of us to do our best every day with every guest, and I will be sure that he receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned here by you. I hope you will stay with us again if you are in our area in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel was clean and nice. The staff was wonderful. But there was an RV in the parking lot full of drunk men who harassed me and my 14 year old daughter every time we came and left. I mentioned it to the desk manager who said she didn't like the men either, but they weren't the worst of the annual guests. One man, without shoes, carrying a beer, followed us down a hall waving at us. I think the hotel should have a policy that there can't be partying going on in the parking lot. I think what you pay for at a hotel is, in part, a sense of security. This part of the stay was unpleasant, though the room, once the door was shut, was very pleasant. The breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: I think the middle of the hallway is good--less noise from coming and going. Also, if you stay upst...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hasseen2manyhotels
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and comments about your experience here. I'm very sorry you were bothered by other guests, and offer my sincere apologies. Guest security is extremely important to us, and I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Spooner.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We loved this place. The rooms were clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable and loved the many soft pillows. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave. The breakfast was good but the best thing was the large deck. The staff was helpful and very friendly. We were always greeted with a smile, this included the cleaning staff. The room rates were a little higher than we wanted to spend but but we enjoyed our stay and will be returning.

• Stayed: July 2012
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay here. We work hard to make sure our guests enjoy themselves, and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you visit our area.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed with my wife at the end of June and arrived later in the afternoon, there was a young man at the front desk who was so kind, he upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite even at a discounted rate!! The room was beautiful, clean and spacious. Thank You, will stay again if ever in Spooner!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you very much for your recent visit and nice review. Everyone here wants all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us, and we hope you and you wife will enjoy the memories of your visit for many years to come. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Spooner.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We weren't steered wrongly by T.A. reviews.....a well-run facility. Room was very clean, a bit crowded with the 2 queen beds but positives overlook that. Room had flat screen TV, micro, fridge, vanity separate from shower area & that's a plus. James at front desk is an asset to this B.W...made us feel welcome & was helpful concerning the local area. Lighting at vanity wasn't the best but that's often the case in many hotels. Breakfast was the standard fare but OK.
No big surprises here. We would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. James is one of our best, and he inspires everyone here to do their best, for every guest, every day. I'll be sure that he receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spooner
15 mi away
Best Western Northwoods Lodge
AmeriVu Inn and Suites
AmeriVu Inn and Suites
#14 of 15 in Hayward

Been to Best Western Spooner Riverplace? Share your experiences!