“Good Stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Spooner
Port Washington, Wisconsin
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed at the Best Western Spooner while skiing the Birkebeiner ski race. The staff was great and also provided a waxing station for the skiers to use. The pool was warm and clean, the complimentary breakfast was good and the experience was good all around.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and nice comments. I'm glad you had a good time here, and hope you enjoyed yourself during the race, too. That is quite the event, and we are always happy to do whatever we can to make sure our guests are able to enjoy themselves while they are with us. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I booked lodging at this hotel at the last minute due to a funeral. They were very gracious; offered a bereavement rate. As it turned out, most of the family from away stayed here. The reservations staff was incredible. James, the evening front desk employee was very accomodating and helpful; as were the day shift staff. The facility is clean and quiet. Their breakfast was great and the breakfast room clean. We were allowed to use it for a take in meal with our family that stayed there.
If you travels take you to Spooner, Wisconsin --- stay there! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. Please accept my condolences for your loss. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and your family, and to provide space for your to spend time together while you were here. I hope you will visit Spooner sometime under less sad circumstances, and that you will let us serve you here again.
West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My family, including my brother-in-law and his family, were in town for a funeral and had booked 3 rooms at this hotel. It was very comfortable, clean and the staff was really friendly and accomodating. They even helped us find the perfect restaurant for dinner. I not only suggest staying here, I would definitely stay here again if in town.

Room Tip: There was no restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm sorry for your recent loss, and offer my sincere condolences. I'm glad you were able to relax and find comfort here, and really appreciate your strong recommendation. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you here again.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Best Western American Heritage Inn in Spooner, WI while my son participated in a hockey tournament at the Spooner Ice House. I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I have stayed in my share of "not so nice" hotels in small towns during our hockey travels....but not this one! Hotel is well maintained and staffed with friendly, helpful employees. Rooms, although a bit on the small side, are very clean and appear to have been recently updated. Beds and pillows were comfy and hotel was quiet. For a nice little bonus, our room overlooked a river behind the hotel....great view! Overall, a great stay and a great bargain! Highly recommend:)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the hotel overlook river...great, peaceful view!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. Pleasant surprises are the best kind, and we really appreciate your kind words about our service and accommodations. I hope your tournament went well, and that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Very satisfied,clean rooms comfortable bed,The Staff are all very friendly and helpful.Standard continental breakfast but was hot and fresh. Not afraid to recommend this property to anyone.When back in Spooner this will be my first choice,

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you very much for your recent visit, nice review and strong recommendation! I hope you will let us know how we can earn that 5th star from you during your next visit to Spooner.
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We have stayed at this motel multiple times in the past few years and we have never been disappointed. The price is always surprisingly low and the facility is spotless. The rooms have microwaves and small fridges and are quite comfortable. James at the front desk is always a welcome sight and he is always eager to assist with any issues. The breakfast is delicious and very nicely presented, and always fresh. We are usually passing through, and Spooner offers several excellent choices for dining. Our favorite is the Market which always has fresh and imaginative selections, and there is always something on the menu for vegetarians.

Room Tip: Rooms with a river view are quite lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Thank you for your many stays, and for taking the time to write and share your comments. James is one of our best, and he inspires all of us to do our best with every guest, every day. I'll be sure he receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again soon.
USA
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Spooner is my favorite stopping place when traveling from the St. Louis area to northern Minnesota or Ontario, Canada. Located next to one of Wisconsin's state trails and the Yellow River, it has a north-woods feel not found at other places I've tried. Spooner is pretty small and quiet but there is a good small restaurant and a McDonalds close by. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast is great, especially eaten on the deck outside. The pool and hottub are great amenities, especially after a long day of driving. I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back face the river; front side rooms face the parking lot/street. I like the second fl...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Spooner Riverplace, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thank you very much for your many visits, nice review and strong recommendation! We are so fortunate to be in such a beautiful part of the country, and want all our guests to be able to enjoy even a small part of it from our deck during their stay with us. I hope you will let us know when you plan to return, so we can welcome you back and thank you in person.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spooner
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Flat Creek Inn & Suites
Flat Creek Inn & Suites
#5 of 14 in Hayward

Been to Best Western Spooner Riverplace? Share your experiences!