Country House Motel
Best Western Spooner Riverplace(Spooner)(Great Value!)
US$89
Travelocity
US$86
US$72
US$61
All reviewsrv parkdump stationcoffee machineindoor pool and hot tubplace to staycleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Nice, clean rooms for an affordable price. The room included a fridge & microwave. The interior was decorated in knotty pine with an outdoor theme. Great choice for spending one night on the way home. The kids enjoyed the pool and whirlpool also.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We were skeptical at first since it was a mom and pop property.
it is of the old style drive up to you door motels. the front desk staff very friendly and helpful.
the rooms are larger than we expected and the ammenities were satisfactory for the amount of time we spent in the room.
Super clean bathrooms, maybe a little small for the shower.
the drawback we had was there was cold weather and we did not have much heat in teh morning.
We would stay again and have told others about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sleeper56
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about staying at a non-chain local motel that honestly reminded me of the old fashioned type we stayed in as kids. Yes, the room appears very small but once inside there is a table, desk, coat rack, and what would have to be the cleanest bathroom I've ever seen along with the rest of the room. I don't think the cleaning crew missed a spot anywhere. If you are looking for modern decor, you will not see that, but for a cozy old fashioned night stay I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christy G
Reviewed 8 June 2013

In the summer or in the winter, the Country House Motel & RV Park is the perfect place to stay if up in the north woods! Clean, affordable and charming complete with an indoor pool and hot tub and the innkeepers are very accommodating and hospitable! There are stores across the street; including one that's open 24-hours. Anytime I've needed to stay (100+ times) in the north woods, I've stayed here and would highly recommend that you do too!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Kiminec
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed at this nice motel over this past weekend and thought it was a perfect place to stay while n the area. The rooms were nicely decorated with the rustic look with a FULL wall size mural. The pool/hottub area was a good sized area. The hot tub felt so goo to sooth tired muscles. The owner Brian and his lovely wife were perfect hosts this weekend. I attached some photos that I added to this review.

Room Tip: Each room has two doors one out to the parking lot and one to the common hallway. So was nice to just park outside your room and go right into your room. They had WiFi to be used while there too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends