“Loved the Round Barn!!”
Review of Round Barn Lodge

Round Barn Lodge
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Spring Green
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stayed for 2 nights last week on a Thursday and Friday and I too feel compelled to write to put to rest some of the talk on this site. Our room was clean on arrival and we were allowed to check in early---around 1:00pm. The front desk staff we encountered were all very friendly and accomodating. The internet worked fine in the room and all of the common areas of the hotel. The only complaint I had was that the bathroom sink drain stopper kept closing. The bathroom was very nice with a jetted tub, which my kids loved.
On Friday night my husband, son and daughter went down to the pool. There was a rather large group of 20 something's in the lounge/arcade room next door drinking. A few of them were getting somewhat obnoxious. The lady at the front desk assured us that she would put a stop to it no later than 10:00pm. We went to our room around 9:00 and didn't hear a sound after that.
We also ate at the restaurant 3 times for their lunch buffet, which was $7.99 a person. That also was very good, with a large variety of fresh things to choose from and with very nice decor---country style similar to Cracker Barrel.
The only "smell" I noticed was the smell of deodorizer/cleaner in the hallway. In my opinion, that is not a bad thing! Also the hotel was completely booked Friday night and the front desk lady was telling me it was full every weekend in September. That also speaks well of the hotel.
I would not hesitate to stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Round Barn Lodge

Reviewed 1 August 2010

After booking the last room in Spring Green (literally...we called EVERYONE...for our destination - American Players Theater - and where we come from, this is the opposite end of town) we booked here - and read the reviews after the fact. Drove up with some trepidation, but were pleasantly surprised. The hotel lobby was warm (fan cooled) and a little damp smelling from the adjacent pool, but our room was fresh, dry, and frosty cool from our air conditioner.

We stayed in room 222. It was HUGE, and contained a queen bed, sleeper-sized love seat, table & 2 chairs, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 2 dressers, 2 nightstands, and a large, full-length mirror for dressing. Shower had recently been retiled. Carpet was cushy and clean. Bed firm and comfy. It's dark...one wall and the ceiling are paneled. Despite being just above the pool and game room, it was quiet. Free wifi is allowing me to write this before we check out.

Check in was fast and friendly. No troubles. Offered AARP card due to troubles another poster cited, but was told it wasn't needed. Bill was slid under our door for easy checkout and contained no hidden surprises.

Downside: price is typical for area, but does not include breakfast as others do. They offer a very reasonably priced breakfast buffet ($7 for adults) but only Tues through Sat. On Sunday, the restaurant is closed, so we must go off into town to find a meal.

Not a top-drawer hotel, but clean and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stopped at the Round Barn Lodge & Restraunt for lunch at 10:15 am last Tuesday(we wanted to eat before going to House on the Rock). They do not start serving lunch until 11 am. However, they allowed us to order off the lunch menu early. The staff was very accomodating & friendly. Our group ordered the Triple Cheese Melt, Chicken Sandwhich & Hamburger. The food was outstanding. Not fancy, but delicious. We were impressed that they allowed to order lunch, even though it wasn't 11 am yet.

We did not spend the night at the lodge. This was a day trip for us.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We checked in and they charged 85 per night for a double room. It does smell like an old folks home. We opened the windows, but the screens are improperly installed and broken and we were eaten alive by mosquitos in our sleep. The best part was the next day when the blonde, bipolar desk clerk confronted me and asked if I was smoking in the room. (They charge poeple an additional $150 for smoking in the room). I told her I didn't smoke and not only was she mistaken, but she was also very rude to me. In fact, I was so put off by her attitude I decided to check out immediately and told her we would never stay at this hotel again on account of my experience with her. She said she was going to go back and smell the room again. I told her to get a life..

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank DaiseyMoonshine
Reviewed 14 June 2010

This place is Musky and Stinky. I felt as if I was breathing in Toxic mold. They advertised having a sauna..............NOT. False advertising.

The bed springs felt as if they were poking me through my back. Awful nights rest! $90 bucks and for what? Go to the Spring Valley Inn for $10.00 more you get a class act!!! Sauna, pool, whirlpool, steam room and an awsome breakfast! Excellent stay here!

The only positive here I must say was the staff!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank alphabk9
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I have stayed at the Round Barn several times as a chaperone on a high school field trip to American Players Theater. The staff are very helpful and the hotel is clean and quiet, especially considering that the weekend I am there, it is full of teenagers. There aren't a million features or amenities, but it's an inexpensive, clean place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2009

We stayed here for one night recently and were very pleased with the attitude of the staff, cleanliness of the property, maintenance of the pool and comfort of the beds. It should be noted that this is not a bed and breakfast, as it is categorized on TA. It is a hotel, and should be placed in the proper category so that visitors to this site might find this very good lodging option more easily.

Our room had a king bed with a full size sleeper sofa that our two kids shared. The sink is outside the toilet/tub room which facilitates getting ready. The room was much larger than the typical hotel room, with a fairly large tiled area at the entrace by the closet, which was good for removing snowy boots, storing skis, etc. In room coffee maker and complimentary coffee in the lobby. Nice game area with pool table is available in a room next to the large indoor pool Several of the rooms and the pool area had interesting, beamed ceilings.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family

Been to Round Barn Lodge? Share your experiences!