“Perfect lunch”

Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Spring Green
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located within the Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor Center, the Riverview Terrace Cafe has a warm and friendly atmosphere with windows that span the entire length of the building, giving guests an unforgettable view overlooking the scenic Wisconsin River. Frank Lloyd Wright's only restaurant design serves as the gateway to his Taliesin estate. For those traveling for business or pleasure, the restaurant also has free access to Wi-Fi. Sit, dine, relax and enjoy!
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We ate lunch after taking the Taliesen tour. Somewhat limited menu but all fresh and creative dishes. Has the walnut burger, white it wasn't the best vegetarian burger I've ever had, it was vert flavorful. The fries that come with the sandwich were hand cut and expertly made. Of course the view is very nice and the dining room is very pleasant to look at. The chairs however are just a little too authentic. Frank Lloyd Wright may have been a great architect but he never should have made chairs

1  Thank TravelerChicagoarea

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had no real plans for dinner after visiting American Players Theater, so we stopped by. We had my parents who tend to be very picky about restaurants and they liked this one (and for them "liked" tends to be high praise.) We brought them there primarily for the view, which is gorgeous. My mother liked the Wright-style chairs, although I find them uncomfortable.

The restaurant staff was friendly and helpful, with no balking over one dessert and several forks. The food was very, very good. They have vegetarian choices on the menu, which helps because my husband is a vegetarian. We loved the "fan" presentation of the potatoes.

I have been here before and plan to show up again, but we find this place a bit pricey if it is not a special occasion.

2  Thank Ellen H
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a bite after taking the highlights tour of Taliesin. We weren't sure about it at first but were sold when we heard all of the beef is local and organic and almost all of the other food is the same. Two in our party got the cheeseburger and one got the pulled pork sandwich and we were all thrilled. We especially loved the roasted potatoes that came as a side (loved them so much we got an extra order). We also got a chocolate cupcake with ganache to split as dessert which was very good. The view was beautiful of the Wisconsin river and the service was excellent. We will be back!

1  Thank Aaz0001
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My party and I had time to kill before we went on our tour so we ate at the visitor's center restaurant. The food selections were great but the food was only okay. Between three of us we had the pulled pork sandwich (dry), the chicken salad (not bad), a bowl of chili (okay taste but thin), the pasta side dish (flavorless), and a bowl of spinach soup (only moderately good). The service was fine and the view of the river is beautiful but the food certainly sounds better than it tastes.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We dined in the most gorgeous restaurant which was part of the Visitors' Centre designed by the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright. The soaring timber lined beams created an amazing dining atmosphere. Outside you had beautiful views of the Wisconsin River. We had a delicious lunch. I ate Veggie Benedict and my husband enjoyed an omelette with roasted potatoes. It was a meal to remember.