“Lovely, quaint and kind...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spring Green Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spring Green
Spring Green Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Green
“Lovely, quaint and kind...”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to attend a play at the American Players Theater. The groups are lovely; a gazebo, beautiful flowers and a lovely little pond. The staff was very nice. Family owned businesses seem to really understand customer service. We were very pleased. Only complaint: the continental breakfast was pretty disappointing. However, we would ABSOLUTELY stay there again!:)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KT K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We had a king bed in the new building. The room was clean and spacious. It even had a kitchenette area with seating at a counter. The bathroom was large and bright. The grounds are beautiful maintained with lots of flowers and tables and chairs in many areas to enjoy the rural setting. This is a real gem.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel while touring Taliesan and Madison. We stayed in the newer part of the hotel with our room facing the back. I thought it would be noisy along Highway 14, but there isn't much traffic at night. The rooms were fine, and the little kitchen area was a nice addition. Good showers, too. The best part is the beautiful landscaping--the flowers were just lovely. The one issue is the breakfast. The only juice they offered was apple juice, and the breads and bagels were mostly the "refined carbohydrate" type. Fortunately, I brought my own high-fiber cereal. The only type of milk they offered was skim milk. I was surprised to see this. I think they could do a lot better in the breakfast department--most people want to eat healthy these days.

Room Tip: Rooms that face away from the highway are quietest.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marilyn K
Bellaire, Michigan
Reviewed 31 May 2014

There is so much good about this motel starting with the creative grounds with lots of seating and flowers. We stayed in a smaller room which was small but comfortable. The bed was so comfortable and I loved the linens. The towels were soft and fluffy in the nice bathroom. The only thing that I didn't care for was the decor in the room but I'm guessing it is different in other rooms. It was very nice and quiet and very clean. I'd stay again if in the area. It did say on the internet that there was a continental breakfast but if there was one, we didn't find it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank antiquetravelers
Leeper, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here a few years ago, and was delighted with the room We had a corner room with 2 bedrooms, a small kitchenette, and access to a grill and picnic table. It was wonderful.
The people were GREAT!! In the afternoon, they went around to all the people and gave popcorn. There was a gazebo in the front that was just lovely to sit in and swing in the afternoons. Because of the kitchenette, we were able to take advantage of the local foods, and this REALLY cut down on the eating out expenses.
The motel has since added onto their rooms, but the amenities, and the people haven't changed. It's still on of the friendliest motels in the area. You can never go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a kitchenette,
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendy M
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We were in town just for one night but know this place would be great for a weekend! While it was too cold to sit outside the picnic area was very inviting- including a screened gabizoo with a handy gas grill. Our room was simple, clean with a frig and microwave. The guest persons were very friendly. You can't beat the price. I did not find the location that noisy.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Martha C
Sherman, South Dakota
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed for four nights over Mother's Day weekend. There were only two things I didn't like - the "lobby" is tiny and the door locks are push button so don't offer the greatest security. There is a deadbolt for when you're in the room, but no key for locking it when you leave. It rained a lot while I was there, but I did have a couple very nice days to enjoy the beautiful landscaping. The park-like grounds are amazing and really make this motel unique. In addition to the tables and chairs that others mentioned, there are gazebos and a fire pit, a basketball hoop and volleyball court. Due to the time of year, there were no flowers in full bloom, but there was quite a variety of birds attracted by the bird feeders. I was entertained by a robin trying to build a nest on top of a porch light. My room was impeccably clean and was kept that way during my entire stay. The bed was very comfortable. One thing I really liked is that the windows opened so I could sleep with fresh air and listen to the birds in the morning. I would highly recommend this motel for any occasion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Barneveld
Quality Inn Mineral Point
Quality Inn Mineral Point
#2 of 3 in Mineral Point

Been to Spring Green Motel? Share your experiences!