My husband and I came to town for the "Back from the Sand" welcome for all the WI soldiers that had deployed to Iraq. It was a long drive to Stevens Point. After dropping hubby off at the parade staging area I went to see if I could check into the hotel early. They had just got "housekeeping" on, the room wasn't ready and I couldn't...no problem, didn't really expect to check in but thought I would try, so I wouldn't have to sit in the car alone all morning waiting for the parade. Well, the day went on and we got to the hotel about 2:30 or 3pm and checked in, and the lady that checked us in specifically told me that our room was ready, she'd had it done special since I had stopped in to ask so early. Got in the room. Looked ok...THEN we looked in the bathroom....the tub was FILTHY. Hairs...all kinds...dirt...ring around the tub. YUCK. Being the nice folks we are, we asked them to send housekeeping to our room to finish cleaning it and we left the hotel to drive around town some more (even though we were really tired from the drive and the parade, etc.) Came back about 40 mins later and the bathroom was still filthy, the front desk said they had no one from housekeeping yet to clean it. I told them we could not stay in the room if it was dirty and we were leaving to find another hotel. And the capper is they STILL CHARGED US for the dirty, nasty room we never stayed in. That's going to be disputed, let me tell you! What a bunch of low down crooks to charge a WI soldier for a nasty room he never stayed in. SHAME on Comfort Suites!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites, a Stevens Point hotel near the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point The Comfort Suites® hotel is located in the heart of Stevens Point, directly off Interstate 39 on Exit 161, within walking distance from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. This Stevens Point, WI hotel is close to area points of interest, including the annual Iola Old Car Show, Stevens Point Brewery, Rib Mountain State Park, Sentry Insurance, SentryWorld sports complex and Green Circle Trail, a 24-mile nature trail circling the entire Stevens Point area. The Central Wisconsin Airport is 20 miles and the Stevens Point Municipal Airport is only three miles from the hotel. A variety of popular restaurants are located nearby.Full-service accommodations include:Free deluxe continental breakfast featuring meat, eggs and more hot items Free local calls Indoor heated pool and hot tub Fitness center Banquet and meeting room This Stevens Point, WI hotel provides business travelers with conveniences like free high-speed Internet access, data port telephones and access to fax services. The hotel features master suites with large, two-person whirlpool bathtubs or four-person whirlpool bathtubs. All suites have refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Comfort Suites hotel provides the luxurious accommodations and friendly service that every guest desires, at a reasonable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Stevens Point
- Comfort Suites Stevens Point
- Stevens Point Comfort Suites