“Disappointing”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Hayward
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Cons: Many items in the room were not maintained or functional-- security chain was broken, nightstand was screwed into wall and it was leaning so much I was afraid the lamp was going to slide off, screen door would not shut properly, & glass on screen door could not be moved to cover the screen (it was November and cold outside).
Pros: they do allow dogs (for extra $6), have a microwave, small frig, and coffee maker.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank UpNorthWoman

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Much less esxpensive than chain hotels, room was clean, $48 for 2 people for a night. It is not fancy, the decor is old, but clean. Someone commented about the security chains being attached to the door frame, which is true, the safety chain was silly, but the doorklnob locks and there is a deadbolt. Its stevens point! Walking distance from toppers and a $7 cab ride from downtown.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank MisschieviousAW
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I really wanted this to be a nice old style motel... but, it wasn't - could be but the owners are not investing money or time in the place. It is Indian run and the smell of curry will hit you the minute you step in the lobby. I almost left, but I had to see if the rooms were nice. yet, they were not great and the motel is kind of run down. Too bad. I would not recommend staying here unfortnately. PS: I left in an hour and didn't even request a refund.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank td397

Travellers are raving about these Stevens Point hotels

peru
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Location is the best if you need to be close to the UWSP, all kind of restaurants and shops are nearby, just 2 to10 min walking. Rooms are well equiped and they are pretty clean, they are just a bit old and poorly maintained. Breakfast is orange juice(bottled), milk and flakes, white bread, light coffee, butter and jelly, you may need to ask owners to put more stuff if they run out of something. It is very important to make clear prices before you check in, otherwise owner may charge as much as he can. Before I arrived they told me it was $38 a night for a single room, for my dates (by email). When I arrived they charge $50 the 1st night, because I said I didnt know how long I was staying. Next day I told him I was staying 5 more days and he charged $40 a day, next days. Owner said $38 was past season rate, but then I heard he offered $39 a day to another guest. So it was really confusing and I felt they took advantage of me, because I didnt have the message with the offered price printed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank tib g
Wasau, WI
Reviewed 8 March 2009

I went there a a couple of months ago. I chose the place because because it was close to where my conference was. And I really liked it. The service is good, the room was clean, and yeah, the cleaning maid is a really friendly woman - you'll enjoy talking to her. The bed was comfortable, I got a good night's sleep before my conference the next morning. All these for $39. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business