“Clean & Quiet - but..............”
Review of Point Motel

Point Motel
Point Motel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was in Stevens Point for a convention and most motels were booked up but the Point had space available so I took it. This mom & pop motel is attractive from the street and overall is pretty well maintained. The room was clean and the brick construction helps with sound deadening so the room was very quiet. The first problem I noticed was that nothing happened when I turned up the thermostat. I went to the office to report it and was told by "grandpop" that it needed more time to kick in. There was a communication problem and I was about to leave the office when the maintenance man came in. He came to the room, bled the radiator and said it should be ok now. I came back from a meeting a few hours later and there was still no heat. The temperature in the room was acceptable so I waited until morning to go back to the office. In the morning, the office was supposed to be open at 7 AM for a continental breakfast. (cold cereal) When I got there at 7:30 it was still locked and the doorbell finally roused "mom". I told her about the heat and she promised to tell the maintenance guy. Communication with her was also very difficult. When I returned late evening the heat still wasn't fixed but they had brought a space heater of unknown age or condition. I also found that there were no fresh towels and the bed wasn't made. In the morning mom had no excuse for the towel situation. Also when I expressed disappointment about not being offered a different room because of no heat, she claimed that they were full and had no rooms. The number of cars in the parking lot would indicate that that wasn't true. They also have wi-fi but I had no signal in my room. It did work in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank campstorms
There are newer reviews for Point Motel

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Had to leave job site because of an emergency in green bay. Left out stuff in room thinking we would be back. Called to get clothes and cell phones and they wouldn't return items. Said they gave it to co-workers which was a lie. Hung up the phone on us. Can't speak english very well. Never again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank alf5563
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Our stay at this motel was pleasant and without any problems. While the actual owners were not there, the gentleman in charge was friendly, knowledgeable and extremely easy to work with. The room, while not a luxury room of any kind, was clean, comfortable and more than adequate. There was no smell in the room, as I have seen others complain of. For an inexpensive place to stay, I would recommend this motel. It seems to be centrally located in Stevens Point, and we had no trouble finding our way to anywhere we wanted to go.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn B
Reviewed 18 September 2012

They charged me an additional 100 dollars stating that my dog ripped up the carpet when there was duct tape on the floor when we came. When trying to communicate you can't understand a word he says but then tried to blame me for my dog tearing up previously damaged carpet. The toilet ran all night. The bed was like sleeping on a concrete slab.Don't sleep here!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Christina K
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

The owners are vey difficult to communicate with, they speak very broken english. We had 8 rooms all together, toilet didn't work in one, ac didn't work in another, shower didn't work in another, plumbing was bad in another, beds we're hard, bedding was dirty and stained, they did not provide hair dryers , irons, or toiletries. they did not stock for the continental breakfast. You could hear people walking in the room above. I was waiting for someone to fall through the floor. The rooms were about $50. 00 each. I have stayed at nice hotels for $50.00 a night. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Stacyy01
Reviewed 8 April 2012

For the price you cant beat this place. Its clean, my room had a micro/fridge combo in the room. Bed was comfy. I stayed for 3 days the front desk was helpful in guiding me around Stevens Point. Point Motel has a great location. Its located near many new restaurants and attractions as well as the local university. (UWSP) Overall great stay.

Room Tip: I had a two double bed room. The room was HUGE!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Cons: Many items in the room were not maintained or functional-- security chain was broken, nightstand was screwed into wall and it was leaning so much I was afraid the lamp was going to slide off, screen door would not shut properly, & glass on screen door could not be moved to cover the screen (it was November and cold outside).
Pros: they do allow dogs (for extra $6), have a microwave, small frig, and coffee maker.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family