“Cons and disrespect”

Point Motel
Point Motel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Owners very disrespectful called 24 hrs in advance to cancel still charged 50 bucks that's wht the room costs when explain go followed the policy they played that I don't understand wht ur saying line and hung up called back numerous times got same treatment very disrespectful lieing individuals with no respect for there customers

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Deuce8783

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had to come to UWSP for another visit. We always stay at the Point Motel. Easiest hotel to get to the university from, the best price in town guaranteed, (I called around to find a good deal.) Older facility but great location, great price, clean, and comfortable. Kind of a no brainier to stay at this hotel because of the price and location. We recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Stevens Point.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SteveJobbs
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very nasty place to stay, dirty rooms and nothing has been updated since the 70's. My daughter stayed in the room next to mine and had to move to my room because she found bed bugs in the sheets. I reported them but it looks like they are still in business.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Jamiemille
Reviewed 24 March 2014

basic motel right out of the 60's, clean, warm (20 degrees outside in March), analog TV, NO internet though advertised (only in motel front desk area). Attended a function at U. of Wisconsin @Stevens Point, motel is in a great location, right across the school (5 min. walk to the Field House), Right on the main road of town, nearby laundrymat, KMart, McDonalds, other food establishments, stores, 5 min. from downtown. Staff offered excellent service, flexible (allowed late check out), courteous, Parking is right outside your room door making it convenient. If you are just looking for a place to stay w/o the extra amenities, the price is right. I would stay there again but they need internet!

Room Tip: Non smoking room, quiet area, two buildings, both appear to be good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank nelson m
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was in Stevens Point for a convention and most motels were booked up but the Point had space available so I took it. This mom & pop motel is attractive from the street and overall is pretty well maintained. The room was clean and the brick construction helps with sound deadening so the room was very quiet. The first problem I noticed was that nothing happened when I turned up the thermostat. I went to the office to report it and was told by "grandpop" that it needed more time to kick in. There was a communication problem and I was about to leave the office when the maintenance man came in. He came to the room, bled the radiator and said it should be ok now. I came back from a meeting a few hours later and there was still no heat. The temperature in the room was acceptable so I waited until morning to go back to the office. In the morning, the office was supposed to be open at 7 AM for a continental breakfast. (cold cereal) When I got there at 7:30 it was still locked and the doorbell finally roused "mom". I told her about the heat and she promised to tell the maintenance guy. Communication with her was also very difficult. When I returned late evening the heat still wasn't fixed but they had brought a space heater of unknown age or condition. I also found that there were no fresh towels and the bed wasn't made. In the morning mom had no excuse for the towel situation. Also when I expressed disappointment about not being offered a different room because of no heat, she claimed that they were full and had no rooms. The number of cars in the parking lot would indicate that that wasn't true. They also have wi-fi but I had no signal in my room. It did work in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank campstorms
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Had to leave job site because of an emergency in green bay. Left out stuff in room thinking we would be back. Called to get clothes and cell phones and they wouldn't return items. Said they gave it to co-workers which was a lie. Hung up the phone on us. Can't speak english very well. Never again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank alf5563
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Our stay at this motel was pleasant and without any problems. While the actual owners were not there, the gentleman in charge was friendly, knowledgeable and extremely easy to work with. The room, while not a luxury room of any kind, was clean, comfortable and more than adequate. There was no smell in the room, as I have seen others complain of. For an inexpensive place to stay, I would recommend this motel. It seems to be centrally located in Stevens Point, and we had no trouble finding our way to anywhere we wanted to go.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family