“quick work/ birthday trip”

Knights Inn Stevens Point
Knights Inn Stevens Point
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
gladstone, mi
“quick work/ birthday trip”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My fiance and I came to stevens point for work for him through the weekend, we checked in late after hours of the hotel there is a number to call and the man was polite enough to come down to check us in, we really appreciated that. We stayed there's nights in the hotel the staff is very nice, anything you ask they help with. The bar right in front of the hotel has amazing food, yesterday was my birthday I got a free pink cup that said happy birthday and free domestic or rail drinks all night! How amazing is that!! Their staff at the blue top bar is very friendly as well. we have had an overall great stay at this hotel, which is at a great price as well with free WiFi, plenty of tv channels a great shower, & a clean nice place to stay!! Great place when your on a budget their so accommodating as well my fiance doesn't get back from work until 6pm & their letting us stay in the room free of charge so that he can come back here to shower so than we can get on the road! So nice of them!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Alaina C
comestay, Owner at Knights Inn Stevens Point, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you and your fiancé had a pleasant visit. We hope you had a wonderful birthday and are glad you could take advantage of our complimentary birthday drinks. We hope you visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mauston, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I would have no idea where these people that gave this place good review's were staying, but it was "not" the blue top, unless they are related to the owner's? we travel 80% of the year with our business,the blue top is by far the "worse" place i stayed,we accidently checked into a motel that actually rented room's by the hour that put's this place to shame, wehad to go out to buy sheets to put over there 100 year old matress's due to the fact they were so nasty,also had to buy towel's and washcloth's theirs were so nasty,no soda machines that worked..no ice buckets or machines unless you wanted to walk a mile to the laundry,and put ice in small sandwich bags,rooms stunk like a outhouse,bug's furniture from the columbus voyage (nothing matched) and they had the gut's to charge me $60.00..save your money sleep in your car

Room Tip: save your money
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Nicole K
comestay, Owner at Knights Inn Stevens Point, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
We're sorry you found your stay at Blue Top unacceptable. We truly wish you would have spoken to our management about any issues you were having, we could have addressed them or given you a full refund for your stay. We have a superb outside linen service, as well as housekeepers who have been on staff for several years, both take great pride in the cleanliness of their rooms and linens. We are a small mom and pop motel and have recently been updating our furnishings and rooms. The Blue Top staff always strives to provide a clean, comfortable stay at a very reasonable price for all our guests.
Slinger, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We have stayed here on several occasions. The rooms are dated but they are clean and comfortable. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is a nice little restaurant/bar right acros the lot, that serves a great breakfast, ate there this morning and got, Ham, Eggs, hashbrowns, and homemade cinnamon toast for $2.99!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank chevydmax04
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I had stayed at the Blue Top several years ago for several months. The owners and staff were extremely friendly and courteous. I felt that I was treated as family rather than as a customer. It's an older motel that is very well maintained and kept up to date. I highly recommend the Blue Top as your first choice when in Stevens Point. If I ever travel there again, I know that's where I'll be staying.

Room Tip: For a room with minimal noise, ask for one in the back portion of the building.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank K4Trips
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I was in need of an inexpensive place to stay for one night during a trip to conduct some family business. I also needed to bring a large well-behaved dog. Many hotels charge between $25 and $50 for a pet which I find excessive.
The Blue Top offered a pet fee of only $5 for my buddy and a room rate of $45. I was a bit skeptical about what I might find, but was very pleasantly surprised. The staff was extra helpful and friendly, giving me directions, a map and a recommendation for dinner. The room was dated and simple, but clean and fresh. The Wi-Fi was free and the TV had a wide range of channels. My only complaint would be the lack of good lighting. There are no extra pillows or blankets in the room but based on my experience they would have been provided if requested. Bring your own shampoo, lotion and hair dryer as soap is the only amenity provided.
The room was quiet, too. There was some construction going on at the business next door when I arrived but it was completed when I returned in the evening just as the front desk clerk promised. A bit of conversation on the sidewalk outside the room was all I heard.
There is a gas station and convenience store as well as a restaurant and bar in the parking lot so anything you need is right there.
Overall a very pleasant stay and I would stay there again. If you don’t need the pool, free breakfast and other amenities other hotels charge twice the price for, stay here.
I only rate the sleep quality and cleanliness a '4' becuase it is adequate, not stellar.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Cheskabrit
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 June 2010

It is a older motel, nice clean, very nice staff. Enjoyed my stay will stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank lace1063
Clear Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 April 2010

Staff was friendly. BUT, the dirtiest, filthiest place I have ever experienced. Dirty, unvacuumed carpet, cigarette burn holes in the blankets (that were also dirty), smelled awful. The slide lock on the door was only attached to the wooden doorframe that pulled away from the wall when my daugher tried to open the door while it was still locked.
The ONLY reason we stayed was because my daughter was with a team that was required to all stay together. Otherwise I would have immediately demanded my money back and we would have left.
I do not mind places that are "dated", IF THEY ARE CLEAN and well kept. This place was neither. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Seriously considered sleeping in the car.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family