“Super Nice Place”

Ranked #10 of 111 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are connected to the Stevens Point Holiday Inn and Convention Center. Amber Grill is an upscale casual restaurant with dark wood interior, leather seating, and unique lighting. We have four distinct areas. The dining room, with high backed booths, curtained corner seating for private dining, and a fireplace at the far end. The bar area, with high top seating and a full length wrap around bar. Our patio, complete with umbrellas, a fire pit, and an above heated bar. And finally our Point Brewery Room, a private dining room with available seating for up to 25. Call ahead for reservations.
Akron
“Super Nice Place”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

First night in town on business. Restaurant was close to hotel so we went for dinner.

Good food! I had the small rib eye some of the best I have tasted. Nice choice in the menu.

Really good service.

Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited January 2014
Nicholas S, Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for writing about your time here. I'm so glad we were able to give you a high quality experience. I've passed along your compliments on our rib eye steak to our Chef. We look forward to your next visit.

Mauston, Wisconsin
“Good Food - Good Serrvice”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The food was very good and portions were satisfying. a friend had the gluten free meal and liked it. I would have given it a five star except our waitress forgot to bring the bread with the meal. Not a big deal since we forgot about it also and did not remind her.

Visited January 2014
Nicholas S, Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience here. I'm happy to hear we were able to provide a meal that met your friend's dietary needs. We're sorry that we didn't provide you with the sourdough loaves that are customary with our dinner menu. I hope we see you again soon so we can correct that for your next visit.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Some of the best food in town!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have been here many times and have not been disappointed, ever, including my birthday. My husband has the prime rib, which melts in your mout and I go for the BBQ ribs. Don't forget the delightful turtle cheesecake for dessert!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bev B
Nicholas S, Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant. We look forward to continuing to give you the quality experience you keep coming back for.
Northern Wisconsin
“We'll be back”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stopped in on a non-Packer Sunday mid-afternoon in a definite lull, although customers picked up while we sat. Dinner in the bar area, plus a little exploration of the dining room, the meeting room and the snug, a little curtained-off round dining table in a corner. Food turned out to be excellent, service was quick and efficient. Price was reasonable. I had the meatloaf, which was simply serendipitous, while wife had the chicken breast with prunes and olives (and tomatoes), and we were enthused by both meals. And this was just the lunch menu. We were told that the restaurant came under new management in the last couple of years, and the chef is doing an excellent job. It seems odd to see it connected to a Holiday Inn Convention Center and have such a good experience.

• Visited December 2013
Nicholas S, Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I've passed your compliments along to our Chef, Albert Schlaepfer. The meatloaf was one of the items he personally remade the recipe for when he came into management. We take great pride in that we're both a restaurant that is convenient for hotel guests as well as a local favorite. I'm glad we were able to surprise you with that. Thank you again for your compliments. We look forward to your next visit.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Surprisingly good for Stevens Point”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Went on a Sunday night. Seated right away, service was friendly. I got salmon which was delicious. sides of basmati rice & green beans with a soy sauce reduction were very good. A side salad was included, but it was just iceberg lettuce & croutons. Bread & butter were brought to the table which were good.The interior is very nicely decorated & gives a nice ambience. Craft beers available.

• Visited November 2013
Nicholas S, Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the area, and that we were able to pleasantly surprise you.