“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Amber Grill

Amber Grill
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are connected to the Stevens Point Holiday Inn and Convention Center. Amber Grill is an upscale casual restaurant with dark wood interior, leather seating, and unique lighting. We have four distinct areas. The dining room, with high backed booths, curtained corner seating for private dining, and a fireplace at the far end. The bar area, with high top seating and a full length wrap around bar. Our patio, complete with umbrellas, a fire pit, and an above heated bar. And finally our Point Brewery Room, a private dining room with available seating for up to 25. Call ahead for reservations.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A friend and I came here on a Friday night during July and sat outside on the patio. Nice area with a bar to sit at (if you want to have drinks before sitting down). The service was pretty good, though our server was a little slow sometimes but it was a packed night, especially outside. I had the mahi-mahi fish tacos which was AMAZING; probably some of the best fish tacos I've ever eaten. The prices aren't bad for a nice night out - highly recommend for a relaxed evening or date night!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Loved the Ribs, drinks and atmosphere of Amber Grill. Great live entertainment too! Staff very friendly and polite. Would definitely return when in the area.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My girlfriend took me to this venue and I was really impressed by it. Generally, when a place calls itself a "grill", it can range anywhere from decent and manicured to dingy and sketchy. Truly, this place has a very nice atmosphere. It's very easy to get to, parking is ample, and the outdoor seating is a nice sight on the way into the building.

The dining room itself is very elegant, heavy with chandeliers and appropriate lighting. They have some corner booths that look wonderful for a couple or special occasion, and some very gentle music playing. We weren't up in the bar area or outdoors, but those areas from a glance seemed pretty nice as well.

The hostess and waitress were very kind, especially to be patient with us as we took some extra time ordering and sticking around after our meal was finished. In particular, our waitress was cognizant enough to warn of an up-charge for a refill, which was appreciated. Professional and friendly!

As for the food, I had a french onion soup that was terrific, a great blend of salty broth, provolone cheese covering, and onions that melt. For an entree, I tried the butternut squash ravioli which was fantastic. I don't see that offered in too many places, but it was comparable to that of my favorite restaurant here in Wausau, the Back When Cafe, and actually at a lower price point. Very flavorful, sweet and creamy mixed with a dash of salt and pecans. Truly a terrific meal for the price. Pricing in general on the menu seemed pretty reasonable given the atmosphere and quality. I can't attest to their drink offerings without having partook but they did provide a small wine list which is appreciated.

I would definitely recommend this place for couples, and especially if it were a warmer night out the outdoor seating area looked delightful. Highly recommended in general!

Nicholas S, Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed one of the unique selections that we include in our menu. I hope we have the chance to provide you with another enjoyable experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I ate here with my 3 kids for breakfast on a Sat morning. The service was very friendly and we were seated quickly. We ordered drinks, but it took quite a while to order and get out food making us late for our event at10:00. The food was very good. I had the stuffed French toast and a side of bacon. The kids all had the pancakes and bacon from the kids menu. We liked that the pancake looked like Mickey mouse and had mini chocolate chips on the side.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

loved the staff. food was outstanding. served very attractively., hot, & tasty.atmosphere was very relaxing & quiet. even with a lot of people in there you could still talk. music was very nice too.

1  Thank florence f