“Amazing - 22 Gluten Free Items on the Menu” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 108 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Red Mill began as a Country Bar in the 1930's with charcoal grilled sandwiches and Friday Night Fish Fry's. Early in its existence, the restaurant was called the Tip Top. It was not until 1952 that the business was purchased by a Milwaukee couple and renamed The Red Mill. Several years later, a red mill was constructed on the southwest corner of the business and lasted for approximately 20 years before it was taken down. Many improvements have been made to the restaurant since the 1980's, including room dividers and an outdoor deck and 4 season porch which overlook a pond and fountain bordered by a wide variety of perennial flowers. In 2006, a drive-thru was constructed to accommodate take-home orders on Fridays. The indoor and outdoor decorations attract many visitors throughout the year, especially during the holiday season. In September 2001, the latest chapter of The Red Mill began when the Thompson family became the newest owners. Originally from the Stratford/ Marshfield area, Don and Melissa Thompson, along with their sons Dominic and Devin, are proud of their family-owned and operated business and 2013 Outstanding Restaurateur of the Year Award. We're keeping the tradition of the finest food and drink, with exceedingly friendly service that you'll return to enjoy, time after time. Thank you for choosing The Red Mill Supper Club.
Nekoosa, Wisconsin
“Amazing - 22 Gluten Free Items on the Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This place is amazing!! We loved this place.Quiet and cozy. The server was so pleasant and went out of her way to make sure we had a wonderful meal. My husband ordered the prime rib. It came out the way he ordered it. It was really tender and not too much "waste". I ordered the maple glazed salmon made gluten free. One word - delicious!!!! They also have caffeine diet cola which was an added plus. We were traveling when we came upon the Red Mill Supper Club and I am so sorry it is not closer to home. Most definitely will return when in the area.

Visited April 2014

“If you're looking for an all around 5 star restaurant, without the price, this is the place to eat out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is the second time we ate at this Supper Club (I use the word Supper Club as you can only find restaurants anymore). The difftop restaurants a Supper Club and a restaurant is the personable service where you feel like you are known (as a club member)..the staff treats you like a friend rather then just a "customer". I had different wait staff each time and was more then satisfied with the experience...the first time was out for dinner w/my spouse. ..the second a birthday dinner for my mother-in-law...they made both dinners fun and relaxing.
As for the food...all I can say if YUM..we had prime rib and lobster..it was cooked and seasoned to perfection. The prices were amazingly affordable and inexpensive for what we ordered.
The atmosphere is a cozy family Northwoods setting..
I have traveled extensively both nationally and internationally while working in the travel industry and I would rate think in the top 10 restaurants.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Don't forget your meat saw.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Went to Red Mill for their "fabulous" prime rib. Four of the six diners ordered the prime rib. All arrived just lukewarm. The meat had very little flavor and was so tough it was hard to cut or chew. The potato puff was cold and rock hard. The broccoli was also cold and hard. The calamari was over cooked and was like chewing a rubber band.
We had gone to the Red Mill a few years ago and had a less than stellar experience. We truly hoped the food had improved but unfortunately it hadn't. It is unfortunate that our birthday celebration literally left a bad taste in our mouths.
Our waiter was kind enough to give us a tattered $5 gift card to be used on a future visit. (Our bill was $200). What an insult! I sure miss the days when the food was outstanding and the owners actually wanted repeat customers.
We will not be back !

• Visited January 2014
7 Thank Jamie F
Don T, Owner at Red Mill Supper Club, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
I, Melissa, co-owner of the Red Mill apologize that your experience was unpleasant. I remember visiting your table and commenting how wonderful the food smelled in the room in which you were seated. You then proceeded to let me know that the smell was the only good thing about your prime rib (nothing mentioned about the rest of the items). I truly was stunned to hear that reaction since I had asked other customers who had just checked out how their Prime Rib was and he couldn't say enough good about it. In fact, everyone else we asked that night said everything was wonderful. I offered to get you a different steak or something else to correct the situation, but was refused the opportunity. I asked your server if he was aware that you didn't like your prime rib, he responded "yes, but that you did not want anything else". He thought he was being nice when he give you a small token (which I was not aware of). Additionally, the woman who paid the bill left over a 15% tip. At no point were we made aware of your other issues with your meals. We would have happily gotten something else prepared or offered you a more appealing discount. As an independently owned and operated family business which has won the 2013 Restaurateur of the Year award, I assure you that we truly care about ALL of our customers and do whatever we can to see that they return. Again, our apologies with your dissatisfaction.
“not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Not a bad place to eat. I had the chicken alfredo. I paid $16.00 and took home half of it. We sat in the middle section but there is a patio section. Some of the meals were pricey. Service was so so. I was not impressed nor disappointed. It was a cool evening and I had to wear a jacket while I ate. I dont like to do that and for what I expected from a supper club ????Will have to see if its warm inside when its winter. I may go back just to see because there wasnt much on the menu.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Eunice, Louisiana, United States
“Labor Day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went tor Red Mill Supper Club with high hopes. Ordered the Seafood platter and was disappointed. It came out with a ton of Beer batter on all the items ( including the Scallops) I also got the red potatoes ( they were not cooked all the way though) Took a bite of the shrimp and it was way too much batter for my taste, so I moved on to the Scallops, I cut it in half & it was not cooked all the way through. I ate what I wanted ( the shrimp) and took the rest home for my dogs. we were seated in the very back of the restaurant with a nice view, just a VERY packed room ( the front dining area had very few guests) The people who were next to us were very loud and impolite to other diners. All in all , I will probably not be returning to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013