“Wonderful Northwoods gem”

Dining options: Reservations
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
“Wonderful Northwoods gem”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have dined at @1800 many times, and always been pleased. The menus are varied and creative, and both the waitstaff and the chefs are very understanding and even eager to accommodate special dietary needs. All one has to do is ask for egg whites, for example, or a vegan flatbread that is not on the menu. The view is wonderful any time of year, and the atmosphere is both discrete and delightful.

• Visited April 2014
Stetzomatic, Manager at @1800, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear that you have had great experiences with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Beautiful spot in Central Wisconsin”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great place to go for a special evening or just to have a cocktail in a beautiful setting. I especially love their "18 for 18" where they have 18 types of wines that are only $18 per bottle. The service is always excellent and the food very imaginative.

• Visited June 2014
Stetzomatic, Manager at @1800, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review! We’ll be sure to pass your compliment along to our chefs. We’re glad you like our 18 for $18 menu – we love it too!

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Best kept secret”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I ate at @1800 for the first time a few weeks ago and I cannot wait to take my friends and go back! I am currently a college student so the dinner prices are a little above my price range but the lunch is great! It is very affordable (even on a college budget) but you are getting a dining experience like no other in the area. I cannot believe more of my college friends dont come out here for occasions, the lunch menu is the best kept secret in Stevens Point. The atmosphere is an elegant, comfortable place to enjoy dinner for 2 or lunch with a few friends. When I ate there I had the turkey sandwhich and the red wine pear slices on it were the perfect touch. The server was very friendly and educated about all the menu options. I am excited to go back.

• Visited May 2014
Restaurant M, Manager at @1800, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Jenna,
We're glad you've found us! We look forward to your next lunch visit with you and your friends.
- Julene
Manitowoc Rapids, Wisconsin
“Classy Dining In Stevens Point”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was our first dining experience in Point, where we were attending a conference and needed an off-property dinner spot.

We had cocktails in the well-appointed lounge, where we were warmly greeted by two young male bartenders (Clint and Cody) who, though they were part-time staff (students at the local university), they knew their stuff. Both the Bourbon Old Fashion and the Long Island Ice Tea were perfectly mixed, coupled with two-way oysters (cheese topped and raw), and home-made thin potato chips at the bar, both of which were very good.

Our dinners consisted of seared foie gras, jumbo prawns, a Caesar salad, a seasonal salad, seasoned rack of lamb, and an apple tart with vanilla ice cream for dessert. All were excellent and properly prepared. Our server, Madison, a six-year employee, was very attentive, knowledgeable regarding the menu and completely familiar with how each item was prepared. @1800 supports sustainable agriculture and the menu rotates three times a year to take advantage of locally sourced, seasonal produce.

The entire Sentry Insurance complex is dramatic, with fabulous views from the stunning, contemporary HQ building in which @1800 is located. Underground parking is ample and easily accessed. I am handicapped and use a walker. The building is ADA compliant and easily navigated. However, a word of caution is needed here. The distance from handicapped parking to the dining room is quite a trek, so be prepared. If you have the option of using a wheel chair, best to bring it along if you are not accustomed to covering longer distances. All-in from the car to the dining room requires a walk up and down ramps and halls of roughly 50 yards, which left me happy to see my first beverage in front of me.

It's clear that this is a showcase property for Sentry and they do things right, including surrounding patrons with a wonderful art collection, including original works by Picasso and Chagall, and leaded, stained glass windows from the original Sentry Insurance building downtown. Simply put, the place is special.

Despite other comments, I found the prices quite reasonable for what you get, portions appropriate for fine dining (this isn't supper club food, so don't come here expecting it), and food quality excellent. It's early summer here in Wisconsin and, dressed in a light sweater and nice Bill's Khaki shorts and tall stockings, I received no untoward looks from other diners, many of whom were similarly attired

• Visited May 2014
Restaurant M, Manager at @1800, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Charlie,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. It was great to have you with us on Thursday and Saturday and we’re glad you enjoyed your experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Livingston, New Jersey
“Excellent”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stevens Point is not NYC, San Fran, London, Paris, etc. So, to find a restaurant of this quality in the middle of no where, is very impressive.

The service was top of the line. The food was fantastic, excellent, outstanding. The prices for wine where the best, and I mean the best, I have ever had at a fine dining restaurant.

The tuna appetizer was better than most tuna appetizers I have ever had. The rib eye was excellent. The chocolate cake was very good.

If in or near Stevens Point and looking for what has to be the best meal in a 1 hour distance, this is the place.

• Visited February 2014