“Food was average”

Lor's Market & Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 111 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: The food is authentic and delicious, the prices are very reasonable, the atmosphere is modest but cozy and the staff is friendly and courteous.
“Food was average”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The pho and fried rice was a little bland. Egg rolls were delicious. As well as the sauces. Not much atmosphere. Small karaoke setup, if you fancy that sort of thing. I

Bogota, Colombia
“Really great pho”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on the way through Wisconsin. My husband had the steak and flank pho, and it was outstanding. The broth, especially, was flavorful and rich. We ordered the papaya salad appetizer, and it was great, but I made the mistake of asking for the 8 pepper version. My husband couldn't handle the heat. Unlike so many places in the Midwest, they mean it with the spice. I loved it. My main, the vegetarian tofu vermicelli, was OK. The tofu was way overfried, and the dish was a little bland, but it's not too surprising they might not do as well with veggie food, since that cuisine is typically meat-heavy. I would have preferred if they'd let me mix my own condensed milk into the Vietnamese coffee, because it was pretty sweet, but it still tasted good. Overall, we were very happy with our meal.

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“I have been there three times, will go again”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

For those wondering what you would order and what you would get at a Viet Namese restaurant, don't worry. Order #27 which has lemon-grass pork, or the beef or chicken version. It comes in an 8" wide white bowl that is 3 or more inches deep. Sliced carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, cabbage, hiccama, grilled meat, and a fantastic egg roll sitting on top. It tastes great and the presentation can not be beat. The food is gorgeous.

Friendly service. Nice selection of Asian bottled beers. Price is very reasonable. A person can eat here and get out for under $10 including a nice tip.

• Visited June 2014
Central Wisconsin
“Terrific Pho in Stevens Point”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm a huge fan of pho, and have tried it at many restaurants, mostly in large cities (Philadelphia, NYC, Vietnamese area of St. Paul, etc). The pho at Lor's is simply tremendous. Very flavorful, HUGE portions, and very, very affordable.

I have not had any of their other entrees, as I'm a pho guy, but I can tell you that the fresh shrimp spring rolls are very yummy (and cheap!), and the ice coffee is excellent as well.

I'm a big supporter of small, local businesses, and it's my pleasure to patronize Lor's. And as you can tell by the name of their business, the other half of their restaurant is a great Asian market!

• Visited April 2014
“Made a U Turn”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I saw this restaurant in passing and made a quick u-turn. I'm from California and would never pass up a Vietnamese restaurant in the midwest. This man is a 2 tour vet and knows how to cook Pho.It was quite a treat. I love the market/restaurant atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013