“Authentic Mexican, delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Nekoosa, Wisconsin
“Authentic Mexican, delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I've been coming here for the past few years, starting when I lived in the area for college. The fact I can't resist coming here for a meal that every time I'm passing through or in the area for a few days might be an indicator of how much I enjoy visiting this restaurant. Food is definitely authentic Mexican cuisine, and the complimentary chips & salsa will get your mouth watering too.

Service has always been prompt and attentive, but the real impressive part is how fast your order will arrive! Some very good entrees I've enjoyed in the past include the fajitas (which come out sizzling) and the nachos El Mezcal (steak and chicken). If your so inclined, the margaritas are pretty good as well.

• Visited August 2013

Almond
“Love it!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We have been going to El Mezcal since they first opened in Point. We have always loved going there. They have wonderful chips and salsa and cheese sauce. I have had a few times where my taco shells have seemed stale...but I still love going there. Their wait-staff also rocks. They are all dressed nicely and clean. They look sharp. And they are wonderful people.

• Visited July 2013
Plover, Wisconsin
“never disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

When ever we are in the mood for Mexican food, El Mezcal is first on our list! We have never been disappointed with the service or food. Portions are large and the prices are very good. The decor is authentic without being quiche'.

• Visited September 2012
Plover, Wisconsin
“okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

You can tell when there are different cooks in the kitchen. One visit the food will be tasty and flavorful and the next visit everything will be flat and bland. When it's good, it is really tasty and worth the visit. But it's the off times that make you not want to come back.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank 001justme
Central Wisconsin
“Frequent Flyer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I usually try to eat here at least once a month. We always end up with the same waiter who is real good (cant remember his name). Food is always on the mark. I've tried a wide variety of the dishes, always seem to enjoy them. I think my favorite part is getting the bill. It doesnt hurt your wallet. The lunch menu is real cheap, Fajitas for $7. Thats cheaper than some McDonalds combos and 1000 times better.

Visited March 2013