“My home away from home.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Chicago, Illinois
“My home away from home.”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I come here quiet often to stay due to work. The staff is always friendly, smiling, and ready for me when I come. They know I know the drill so it is nice that they are ready with my room key and a complimentary bottle of water when I arrive. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. Not as comfy as my TempurPedic at home, but they do the job when I am away. The king room offers me a chair and more space than I need. There is always a piece of chocolate for me when I get into my room which is awesome when you need a little something sweet. They also have chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, or sugar cookies at the front desk if you need more. The fitness room is small, but has what I need to be able to get a good workout in. It is never really packed which is good. I have never used the pool or whirlpool, but they seem very clean. The breakfast in the mornings is just what I need to get my day started. The oatmeal is really good. The bread is always fresh. It is very clean and always set up perfectly. There is fresh fruit which I take to work with me for snacks during the day. Jackie is always there to greet me and chit chat with me. She is a wonderful person that really enjoys providing breakfast for everyone each morning. Coreen is a great manager and really runs a great group of employees. You can tell everyone is happy working there.

Room Tip: Choose the king if you can. I like the 3rd floor too.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have been a frequent guest at this property for over 3 years. The property is within walking distance of numerous restaurants and has easy access to the interstate. As for the property itself, the common areas and rooms are modern, quiet, comfortable, and most importantly, clean. The rooms have excellent wireless internet connectivity and flat screen televisions. The workout room (a must for me!) is newly remodeled, with well maintained Precor equipment and dumbbells. Breakfast is wonderful. There is a wide variety of hot and cold offerings. The area is continually staffed so you never run out of food or coffee. The breakfast area is also very clean. Perhaps the impressive thing about this hotel is the staff. Every staff member, from housekeeping to the front desk, is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and completely customer focused. If you frequent the Stevens Point area, and have never stayed at the Fairfield Inn, do yourself a favor and try it. You won't be disappointed and you won't stay anywhere else when your in the area! See why this property is ranked nationally within the Marriott chain.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Every time I need to stay in Stevens Point, I always stay here. The staff is very cordial, and even brought us extra tissues because we had 2 deaths in the family. The rooms are very, very clean and beds are comfortable. I will always stay here, it's feels like "home".

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, very peaceful view on the other side. I personally ask for a room...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed here on business for 20 nights. The room was perfect, clean, bright cheerful colors, great decor with an updated flair. The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of foods. The manager and staff were so pleasant and helpful every day. The housekeepers even left me a note each day to say hi. Halloween treat bag on my door was a nice surprise. Freshly baked cookies every night too! The location was across the street from Target and I especially liked the Italian food restaurant next door called Grazie's. I'd highly recommend this hotel for your stay in central Wisconsin!

Room Tip: Go for the executive king room!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda723
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The hotel appears new. Well maintained. Next to several restaurant options. Free wireless, but a little slow in my room. I was upgraded to the "Executive Suite" as a Marriott Gold, which was great...easy to get lots of work done. Modern furnishing with flat screen TV, coffee maker & fridge. They didn't refill my coffee in the room, though! The breakfast was a bit limited; the only 'hot' item was waffles. Lastly, if you're arriving by air without a rental car, reserve a cab ride (Courtesy Cab 715-342-8863). I arrived mid-day on a Friday to be greeted by a driver waiting for someone else who told me the 'other cab driver' is off on Fridays....so I had to bum a ride with them (and pay full fare).

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Overnighter for family event. The hotel is extremely clean. The "continental" breakfast offers more than at many places I've stayed over the years which was a pleasant surprise. Cooked oatmeal with toppings, fresh fruit, cottage cheese, yougurt...opportunities to make healthy choices along with the traditional waffles and breakfast sandwiches. Staff was also very accomodating. We had two rooms. The king room was lovely. The two queen bed room was great except that it did not have a microwave or refrigerator which made the stay a little more challenging for a couple with children.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Typical Fairfield, but good location off main highway, with plenty choices of amenities/restaurants close to the hotel. Rooms up to usual standard - as were breakfast choices. We chose to eat in the evening, at the Hilltop Inn, a local favourite - food was good and well priced.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family