“Nice hotel but very noisy”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Nice hotel, clean with a comfortable bed. Pleasant staff.

Hallways were very noisy, walls are very thin and not well insulated from sound.
Apparently my room was right above the lobby because all night all I heard was people coming in and out, loud conversations and partying!
Other than not getting any sleep, the room was nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Tina V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay here at Country Inn & Suites, Stevens Point.
All of us at Country Inn & Suites are committed to exceeding the expectations of our guests so we do not want an unsatisfactory experience to be the lasting impression of our hotel. I apologize for the trouble you experienced. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again next time you visit Stevens Point.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our room was exceptionally clean with comfortable beds. A small flat screen TV was located in the bathroom with it's own remote so one wouldn't miss any of a program that they were watching on a larger screen in the guest room. Room was quiet. Full hot breakfast with Scrambled eggs, Belgian waffle, ham, and oatmeal. A variety of continental breakfast items as well including filled donuts, toast and jam, muffins, and bagels with cream cheese. Orange juice, apple juice, milk, tea, and coffee were available for drinking. Price was appropriate for value received. Have stayed at other hotels owned by this group with similar experiences. I would stay here again and recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Tina V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

We thank you for your very positive response. And we hope that we will see you the next that your travels bring you to the Stevens Point area.

Kindest Regards,

Tina Vera
Country Inn & Suites
Stevens Point, WI

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed for the weekend for a youth hockey tournament. The rooms were large and very clean. Breakfast was much better than most (sausage, waffles, cheesy potatoes, decent donuts). The beds were exceptionally comfortable. The bathroom has a small flat screen TV that I used to watch the Olympics on when we were there. A grocery store (Trig's) and a fast food restaurant (Culver's) are across the street which was convenient. The refrigerator did not have a temperature control and our beverages froze so I needed to take them out to thaw. The rooms need some upgrading but are overall very comfortable and well maintained. The toiletries were a good quality for this price level. The hotel is also close to the expressway which was also convenient. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Staying on the third floor is quieter than the other floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post such kind words about our hotel. We appreciate your business, and hope that you will choose to stay with us when your plans bring you to the Stevens Point area again.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about our services. Thank you again for your patronage!

Regards,
Tina V.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

stayed here as a family (all adults) as a convenient place to visit a new years eve concert, we had a very late night so did not get to appreciate to bed all that much, but we found the rooms to be very clean and servicable to our needs, the breakfast which was complimentary was good although i wasn't up to eating much, there are some family restaurants close by. could not fault the service at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for your very kind review. We strive to make all of our guests stays as pleasant and comfortable as possible! We're glad that you enjoyed your New Year's celebration!

Thank you again for your feedback. And we hope that you will come and see us again when your travels bring you back to the Stevens Point area!

Tina Vera
Country Inn & Suites
Stevens Point, WI

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am a loyal Trip Advisor user and Club Carlson is in my top 3 loyalty programs. I waited to write this review as I stayed here in August on an 'emergency' stay and again just a few weeks ago on a family stay. Hotel is a little dated, but it still has a WOW factor with LCD TV's and newer and comfort bed linens. This is one of the best hotels, I have stayed in terms of customer service. Front Desk does WHATEVER it takes to help you out.. Good Pizza ? Movie Theatre ? Best route to PITTSVILLE ( yes it is a real city)... Two stays in 3 months and both stays the front desk to do whatever it takes to help. One stay was based on a campus visit for my daughter and the desk clerk give her better verbal tour of campus than the official tour we took the next day. Is the lobby dated ? Hallways ? Do all the smokers hang out on the front porch ? ( I rant about this about MOST HOTELS) but do you get a clean room, great TV, and nice bed linens ? YES to all...... This a very modestly priced hotel, that OVER DELIVERS in all aspects. I don't think you can go wrong here.

Room Tip: I prefer higher floor rooms off the lobby... 230 worked well for me.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for the kind review. Customer service is our top priority here at Country Inn & Suites so we truly appreciate the recognition of our efforts. See you next time!
Becky Love

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights during family weekend for UW-Stevens Point. The hotel was very convenient to my daughter's campus dorm. The room was clean, well supplied and the bed was super comfortable! I usually don't sleep well in hotels but had no issues here with the blackout drapes and premium bedding (comforter with duvet and a great supply of fluffy pillows). The staff was over-the-top accommodating and friendly. I was traveling alone this trip and a housekeeper offered to help me with my things. I also experienced car trouble and the front desk was great in helping me find a service garage. The property adjoins Schmeeckle reserve and I enjoyed watching deer in the parking lot as I loaded and unloaded my vehicle. The hotel offers a nice selection of hot and cold breakfast items. I didn't use the pool/whirlpool area but it looked very nice. I will definitely stay here again! Travel tip: There is a Perkins Restaurant almost next door and if you show your room key, they'll give you a 10% discount!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thank you for the positive review. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of all the staff, it is our pleasure to do whatever we can to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing our hotel - we'll see you next time you come visit your daughter at UWSP.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I generally stay at Carlson hotels and some have the "wow factor" and others are just fine. This hotel was fine. The staff was nice, room was fairly clean (hairs on the floor in the bathroom), wifi was okay but not super strong, breakfast was fine. I would stay here again because of the location and it really wasn't bad at all. I did sleep very well and the bed was very comfortable (I had a king).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. "Good" is fine but we strive to be much more than fine - our goal is to give you the "wow factor" as you stated. We hope to see you again soon so we can show you that we CAN exceed your expectations.
Becky Love