Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Stevens Point, WI
Comfort Suites(Stevens Point)
Point Motel(Stevens Point)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsnice hotellending librarywhirlpool roomclean comfortable roomswould stay here againgreat night's sleepbusiness travelthe room was niceparking lotlobby areawould recommend this hotel to anyoneclose proximityfront desk stafffree breakfasthave stayed here several timescollege visitgreen circle
Reviewed 22 September 2010

We stayed here while our daughter had orthopaedic treatment at a local medical provider, so first we got a great discounted rate because the hotel is so nice about giving a discount for people using the local Scoliosis Rehab. But the room was worth full price.

Best parts: No Stale Smell. Seriously the only fresh-smelling place I have ever stayed on a family trip. We carry Lysol spray with us, but we didn't need it here. When rooms are unoccupied, the cleaning staff props the room door open during the day, & they open the hallway windows. It was truly fresh.

The free breakfast - fabulous. It starts earlier & runs later than advertised (so it's basically 5 am - 11 am), they leave the shelf-stable treats out even longer (great for little kids who get hungry unexpectedly), & the food was very tasty with a good selection. It is, however, the same menu each weekday (different on weekends, no hot food then).

More about the rooms - our suite had an actual Door between the bedroom & living room - so my 5 yr old could sleep while I worked, with the strongest, fastest Wi-Fi connection I have ever found in any hotel (including business travel).

3 TV's - a tv in the bedroom, living room & marble bath. And when I asked the front desk about a cable channel that we weren't receiving (HGTV), they had HGTV coming in by the time we were back in our room 3 hrs later.

The room had an under-counter fridge, a microwave, & a real sink with a marble countertop! We actually "cooked in" a couple of nights because it was a counter big enough to make dinner for 4!

The bed had a new mattress & nice pillows. The living room had a firm comfy couch & a tall reading chair (love the reading chair) as well as a table & 2 chairs. Lots of lamps so we had good lighting whereever we needed it. Did I mention the ceiling fan in the living room? Probably helps keep the rooms so fresh!

The hotel accepts dogs, so we were able to bring our dog!!!

Service was warm, friendly, and prompt.

We stayed for 2 weeks, loved everything about it, & We Will Be Staying Here Again Next Year. We had never stayed in a Country Suites before (we usually stay in a Marriott Residence Inn), & will now look for the Country Suites where ever we go. They're a lot cheaper than a Marriott and just as nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I've enjoyed my week at this hotel. It reminds me most of a Hampton Inn - good service, very good value, and a clean and comfortable - if not posh - room. I'd definitely stay again if I needed to be in this area, and I'd strongly consider this brand for future trips elsewhere.

SERVICE
The front desk staff has been friendly and helpful, both at check-in and in helping me find local restaurants to enjoy.

AMENITIES
The pool is small, but nice. The fitness center is smaller - and unfortunately limited to just three pieces of cardio equipment; there are no weights or resistance options. The included breakfast is nice - a waffle machine, biscuits and gravy, and the usual assortment of pastries, yogurt, and cereals. Coffee is available throughout the day, although sometimes needs a quick nuke in the microwave to warm it back up. The included WiFi is responsive and doesn't require you jumping through hoops to get online. There's a computer and printer in the lobby available for quick browsing or printing boarding passes; no charge to use it.

ROOMS
The rooms are nice, and quite roomy for a hotel of this class. They're a bit older, but kept clean. Sheets feel like they're moving toward threadbare - but they're still comfortable and clean. The hotel is at the point where they should do a full soft remodel - new linens, duvets, and carpets. The bulky 9" TV in the bathroom could go, too. As is typical with properties of this age, the walls are a tad thin - you can hear folks in the next room if they close their dresser drawers a bit too hard - but the other guests during my stay were, by and large, on the quiet side. A large mini-fridge and microwave were very much appreciated, as I like to keep a gallon of water handy and it was nice to be able to nuke it to make tea in the room. Air conditioners are the older under-the-window console style, and are a bit noisy - but can be set to run continuously (fan ON) so they do provide a nice white noise mask in case there's any stray noise from outside or the next room.

LOCATION
You're about a 5 minute drive (maybe) from downtown Stevens Point, home to MANY bars and a few restaurants. More restaurants - including some locally-owned ones as well as the usual chains - are within a 10min drive. Next door is a Perkins and a McDonalds, both within a 5min walk on the same side of the road. You're a few minutes from the highway, and about half an hour from the CWA airport. You're also decently near a Target, pharmacy, and other staple stores in the event that you need something.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I recently stayed in this hotel while I attended workshop trainings at the local university. The rate for 3 days was such a steal, and my room (suite) included free wireless internet (of which we had no problems hooking up), microwave, large fridge, and plenty of space with 2 rooms separated by a door. The bathroom had a tv, and the location was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the temp was easy to control. The continental breakfast was great, with a wide selection of "junk" and healthy options, although I would have preferred a gluten-free/higher protein option. Even the coffee was good.

Coming from a recent trip to the DC area, I was blown away by the difference of "what you get for the money" at this hotel vs. the “five star” I stayed at in DC. I am just very impressed by this hotel!

Lots of fast food within walking distance if you are into that. We also found a great sushi place about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Spent four days there for business, great location with easy access to highway and other business areas of SPoint. Less than half hour to CWA airport. Clean, free internet and breakfast with good choice of food. Would be better if they did not use so much paper and styrofoam /plastic in their plates and cutlery, not too green.
If you are in SP for business, the evenings can be quiet but hotel is very close to two cinemas that show about 8 movies between them (can even walk to one), also hotel guests can use the well equipped YMCA closeby.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2009

After a long trip from Minnesota it was great little quiet place for me to stay. I will surely be staying here again next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business