“Nothing redeeming about this place. Nothing.”
Review of Route 66 Diner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Route 66 Diner
Ranked #61 of 120 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My 10 year old son and I found this on TA while in Stevens Point for a school event. We decided to drive out of the way to give it a try. We walked in and were seated. I immediately noticed that their was no music, just the echo of other tables talking. The other tables were full of college kids with potty mouths. The server came over and took our order and said our food would be up shortly. We waited for a long time and while waiting my son knocked over his huge glass of water, it went everywhere. They did nothing. He had to go and ask for a rag to wipe it up, we had to ask for new napkins, new water, and where his root beer was that he ordered 20 minutes earlier. We cleaned up our mess and our food came. My sons was cold, I had seen it sitting in the window for at least 10 mins before it came. The fries were burned... dark brown and saturated with oil. My "wrap" was a microwaved white tortilla filled with greasy eggs sitting in a pool of grease... floppy and gross. We promptly went to the counter, paid a bit of money and told him that between the atmosphere and food we weren't happy and we left. I would not recommend this really to anyone. The prices were high, food quality poor, service non-existent and atmosphere? What atmosphere? Go elsewhere.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I have breakfast or brunch here with friends at least once a month. The food is always good, and we have always had good, attentive service. It is usually not 'real' crowded. We have always been able to find a table, and the staff is very attentive and accommodating as our meals usually last quite a while as we visit more than we eat. It is pleaseant to be in a venue where you don't feel 'rushed' to leave the table. Just be sure you're done by 2:00, as they close early afternoon. :=(

Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is just a fun small town restaurant. Food is really good. Served hot and fresh. Sometimes takes a little bit, but you know it is hot and fresh. Their new broasted chicken is great! One of the few places to get a bluegill fish fry. I love to go there for breakfast with my wife and my little daughter. Sandy, the owner of the diner is really friendly, greets us with a big smile and loves to stop past each table to make sure the food was good. If you go there more than once or twice she makes an effort to know your name and always stops to say hi to our little "sweet tweet" daughter. The place has character of a good little hometown diner.

1  Thank WantBluegillEveryday
Reviewed 10 March 2012

my friends and i went there for breakfast to celebrate a friend's recent graduation. it was not super busy and we sat down and ordered drinks. at first we had to wait forever just to get our drinks and have the waitress take our orders. after ordering, my friends and i waited for over an hour as we watched customers all around us being served their meals and even getting their checks and leaving. since we were very hungry we waited still for the food to come out. once it did, i was appalled to find a long black hair in my boyfriend's eggs! another friend also found little black hairs in her eggs that were not made the way she ordered. i also did not get what i ordered and my pancakes were hard and burnt. we immediately notified the waitress who seemed indiferent and tried to play it off and blame someone else while retreating into the back. the manager or owner was there and apologized but we had been treated so rudely it hardly made a difference. while my other trips to Route 66 before this incident were delicious, i will never go there again!! so rude and we felt very discriminated against because of our young ages. a terrible experience i would not recommend this place if you are under 30 years old.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Looking for some home cooked breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Excellent food and service is all we have ever received at Route 66 Diner in Stevens Point ,WI
If you haven't stopped in for a Friday Fish fry, or Sunday brunch...you've been missing out on a great dining experience.
Stop in and say hello to Sandy & her staff, you won't be disappointed.