“excellent Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: ranchito.stevenspoint@gmail.com
Description: ranchito.stevenspoint@gmail.com
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great food, reasonably priced, friendly staff! Our favorite Mexican restaurant west of the Mississippi

Reviewed 4 July 2013

The food was nasty I had tacos and the meat was tough and chewy I didn't see my server again until she dropped the check. Bad food bad service won't be long before they are closed. If u want Mexican food and have a good experience don't go here!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I've eaten here twice. Once for dinner and once for breakfast. If by 'authentic' Mexican food - you mean spicy, this is true. The food was much too spicy for my taste, for the others in my group, and for the table next to us. Be careful of the salsa and chips they give you when you are first seated. The little girl at the table next to us was actually crying because it burned her mouth. Then, I went here for breakfast with a friend. I was surprised that a mexican restaurant offered breakfast. The food was general breakfast fare, and was of average quality for breakfast, but, the atmosphere just didn't seem right for a breakfast meal to me. The booths are uncomfortable, and the booths and tables quite tightly fit together. The service was good and the server was very attentive. The restaurant is quite clean and bright, and looks very authentic mexican, however, I doubt that I will go back to this restaurant, as the quality of the food is not to my taste, and the atmosphere while clean is very confined and uncomfortable. It was winter when we went here, so did not consider outside dining, but, I doubt we would have considered it even in the summer. It is a partitioned off area of the parking lot, and nothing attractive surrounds the area.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

My wife and I go here at least once every three weeks and have never been disappointed. If you really know Mexican food (not Taco Bell), you will love the food here. This is a family-owned restaurant and it shows in the quality of their food and service. Ranchito offers a wide variety of food choices (fish, chicken, beef, pork, vegetation, etc.) and beverages (we love their 2 for 1 Margaritas) and every choice is delicious. I wanted to keep this place a secret - but it's so great I want others to experience it too.!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Really good authentic Mexican food and it is always hot and delivered with friendly service. A little pricy but worth the additional cost over some of the other Mexican places in town except one.