“Great spare ribs at a great price”

The Silver Coach Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 115 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is a unique restaurant housed in an old railroad car - nice fun atmosphere. I had the baby spare rib appetizer and a salad. The ribs were priced at only $10 and was served 5 large ribs, with the salad this was definitely a full meal. The service was prompt and pleasant. Would definitely return.

There are newer reviews for The Silver Coach Restaurant

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We were a party of 3 with a reservation & were seated right away. One ordered a pomegranate martini which was very good - the right amount of sweetness. They have many bottled beers but do not have a menu - when my companion asked the server what bottled beers they had she said "most kinds." So he asked for Oso night train (local beer) and she said, "what?" Service was not up to par through out the evening. We got the appetizer of creole crawfish balls which I thought were fine - my companions loved them. I ordered chicken kiev which was not good - my mother's is better.

I have been here one time before & had a better experience. The waitress had the beers written out for her, and she let my boyfriend look at her list & order off that. We also sat in one of the 2 private rooms & really enjoyed the privacy & quiet. Still food was not great.

Better food & service for the money at father fat's. Better food for half the money at Mikey's in Plover.

Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Attended a business dinner following a locals recommendation. We had a quiet spot for a good dinner and discussion. For a small town, the setting in an old railroad car was fun. The food was good, not great. The menu had a nice variety of offerings that were interesting. I had a spicy shrimp pasta that was good. The Caesar salad was small and nothing special. My clients had steak Diane which they enjoyed. Dinner for 3 with one drink each, soup, salad, and entree was $105. This was a nice place to talk, plan and eat. Just don't expect to be treated to a great meal as well.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Put it this way: I hadn't seen steak Diane on a menu in years. The food was fine, but don't go here for cutting-edge cuisine. (Father Fat's, in downtown Stevens Point, is apparently a better bet for that, but it was closed that night.) The fairly pricey menu doesn't veer too far from traditional preparations and is heavy on sauces, featuring some curious pairings. (Tuna steak with bernaise?) On the upside, our server was very sweet,

Reviewed 3 March 2013

What a great dining experience - I live in Madison and lived in Chicago - The Silver Coach could succeed in either - it's definitely upscale with creative touches to classic entrees - the petite tenderloin rivals our favorite in Madison and the halibut was perfect in prep and a complimentary sauce that wasn't overpowering. Our server was knowledgable, friendly and experienced. Entree was complimented with fresh veggies and caesar salad.