“Was one of the best travel experiences I have had”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stevens Point-Wisconsin Rapids
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Chicago, Illinois
“Was one of the best travel experiences I have had”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express in late June, 2011 was easily one of the best I have had in my long life. It started out great from the moment I arrived and was helped out wonderfully by the desk staff, especially Amber. It continued throughout my three day stay.

The property is clean and easily accessed and the breakfast was more than I expected and I stay often at hotels that offer hot express breakfasts. The room was more than ample ( I stayed in a studio suite) and the housekeeping services were excellent.

As there is also a Holiday Inn with a convention center a block away this property offers as much as could be expected for any event. I enjoyed my stay enough that we may look for an excuse to visit Stevens Point again and of course stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: I would suggest a suite as I feel that offers the best value.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank trl061
Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stevens Point-Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank You for staying with us. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Waunakee
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Not every hotel meets the "standards" of the soccer parents on the team. You know the old saying - cannot make everyone happy. Well... this one DID!! From the clean rooms to the wonderful staff service, it was GREAT. Pool was small, but for the 11 year old soccer girls, it was just fine. And when they needed a little more pool time we could walk across the street to the Holiday Inn and enjoy their pool too. We are hoping to come back to this hotel again next year.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tmcfarlane
Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Was in town to attend a conference at the neighboring Holiday Inn Conference Center, but wasn't able to get a room there. The Holiday Inn Express had space available. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet and the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. I also liked the fact that the continental breakfast had scrambled eggs available.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MNGuest
West Allis, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Once I walked through the main doors into the main lobby I was surprised by how beautiful this place was. The decor was inspiring and very modern with a bit of retro chic! The staff was very friendly and made sure I was going to have a great stay. Once I made it to my room, I couldn't believe how relaxing the room felt. The bathroom was large and the shower was so nice. The pillows were an added bonus! I can't say enough good about how this hotel was. Please visit!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank purple_cowbell
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 18 October 2010

This hotel is awesome. They went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and we made some great new friends. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a clean, friendly and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank SheriFamily
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I travelled to Stevens Point for business and booked a King room at this hotel. When I arrived, I actually tried to check in at the Holiday Inn, which is located behind the Holiday Inn Express. So as embarrassing as that was, the staff at both locations were extremely pleasant! After being directed to the correct hotel, the young lady checking me in was very efficient and pleasant. Had a room on the second floor - if I stayed here again I would request a room on the third floor because I could hear every footstep in the room above me. The room itself was spacious and very clean. Had a small fridge and microwave. The bed was super comfortable! Also there was two pillows labelled firm and soft, which I thought was really nice of them to offer two kinds of pillows. The shower head was up high enough that I didn't have to stoop under it (my pet peeve in hotels!) and had different water settings. I quickly checked the breakfast in the morning on my way out - it looked like there were a lot of selections like omlets, bacon, biscuits, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruit, etc. I grabbed a bagel which unfortunately tasted like it had been frozen and it was really dry. There are quite a few fast food restaurants right in that area like Fazolis, Arbys, etc., and there was a Mexican restaurant about a block over. All in all, I would definitely stay here again - just request a room on the third floor to avoid the overhead noise.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank mitcham
West Bend, WI
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Stayed with 2 teenagers while skiing in Wausau. Hotel room was clean and beds were comfortable. Nice size room for 2 beds. Extremely limited breakfast. Very much Express in every sense. Swimming was just okay. Smaller pool and hottub was not very hot. Thought the price was a bit high for the value. Front desk service was OK.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family