“Stevens Point WI”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Eagle
“Stevens Point WI”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

TV got poor reception, alarm clock didn't work, heat didn't work, no one answered the phone when I called the front desk for help

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnStevensPoint, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Stevens Point, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I am sincerely sorry that your stay with us was unpleasant. It is really a shame that no one answered your call, because I am positive that these issues could have been solved by our dedicated and knowledgeable front desk staff. This is most certainly not the norm for our property. Most likely they were using the restroom, helping another guest, doing laundry, or one of the other tasks that can sometimes take us away from the desk for short periods of time.

I hope that you are willing to give us another try, because these issues were certainly fixable. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience caused by these issues.

Thank you for your time!

David Bleuer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The front desk staff was very nice and helpful! I stayed two nights and a friend stayed in another room for one. When she entered her room there was a soggy washcloth in the middle of the floor. In my room the lotion bottle was nearly empty (the complimentary travel bottle), and made me wonder if the others were fresh or not. The window in my room had been left open, but I didn't realize this until the second day when I finally had a moment to open the blinds. No wonder the heater had been on/off non-stop all the time :(

More careful attention by the cleaning staff would have taken care of all of these issues.

The bed was definitely too hard for my liking and five days later I still have a stiff neck.

This hotel was OK... I just needed a place to sleep. The wi-fi when I used it worked very well. If I'm in Stevens Point again, I'll try a different hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. This is why reviews are so important in the hotel business! Without some input from our guests we might not even realize there are issues until it is too late. We have been deep-cleaning the rooms since the recent influx of not-so-stellar reviews and are working hard to shore up our cleaning staff and make sure they are paying close attention to the smaller details.

In defense of our housekeeping staff, we all experience that "falling-off" point: maybe you have a few bad days, or you don't feel in the mood, or perhaps you just can't give that 110% anymore because you're too tired. Housekeeping is a difficult job, with little pay. It is a constant struggle to keep morale high and in the past month or so we have been extremely busy. Perhaps the shift in weather has something to do with it? We all know losing those hours of daylight and ushering in the cold weather makes us want to hibernate!

We have started working on motivating them to feel passionate about their jobs once again, and so far the results are worth the extra effort. I know you mentioned checking out other hotels in the area, but if you were to give us another shot I am confident that the staff is more that capable of meeting and exceeding your expectations!

Thank you for your review!

David Bleuer

Travellers also viewed these Stevens Point hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 13 in Stevens Point
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Stevens...
#11 of 13 in Stevens Point
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point

Been to Days Inn & Suites Stevens Point? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Stevens Point

Property: Days Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Address: 159 Division St N, Stevens Point, WI 54481-1150 (Formerly Stay Inn & Suites Stevens Point)
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Stevens Point
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn & Suites Stevens Point 2*
Located in Stevens Point, WI directly off Interstate 39 on Exit 161,Business Hwy 51 just and only 1/2 mile from the University of Wisconsin, Sentry Insurance, Saint Michael's Hospital, Rice Medical Center, and Ministry Medical Center.Stop in, put up your feet and enjoy free continental breakfast and high speed internet.within walking distance from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. This Stevens Point, WI hotel is close to area points of interest, including the annual Iola Old Car Show, Stevens Point Brewery, Rib Mountain State Park, Sentry Insurance, Sentry World sports complex and Green Circle Trail, a 24-mile nature trail circling the entire Stevens Point area. The Central Wisconsin Airport is 20 miles and the Stevens Point Municipal Airport is only three miles from the hotel. A variety of popular restaurants are located nearby.Full-service accommodations include:Free deluxe continental breakfast featuring Free local calls Meeting room This Stevens Point, WI hotel provides business travelers with conveniences like free high-speed Internet access, data port telephones and access to fax services. The hotel features Kitchenette suites. All rooms have refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Stevens Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Stay Hotel Stevens Point