Just spent one night here passing though but I thought this was a pretty nice hotel.
Check in went smoothly, the blond lady at the front desk on 4/16/14, didn't catch her name was great and a real customer service pro. She even automatically upgraded our room to one with a fire place and jacuzzi for being IHG Platinum members. It's finally nice to see an IHG hotel that did that, it's the first one I've encountered so far this year in fact and I've been on the road for several months.
The room was huge and spotless, housekeeping does a great job here. The beds or more specifically the mattresses are outstanding, very soft and plush, a quick check of the mattress tag showed it to be a Simmons Beautyrest World Class Granville Terrace, which is a very high quality mattress.
Wireless internet worked well but speed tests only showed about .5 Mbps download speeds which is pretty abysmal for a business hotel of this size. I can imagine it must really bog down when the hotel is full but it wasn't very busy the day I stayed and was fine for my purposes.
Heating/Ac unit is one of the old style ones that has no wall thermostat so it was hard to get the room to stay at a comfortable temperature.
Room had a microwave and fridge that came in handy.
All in all I thought this was a pretty solid hotel and a decent value, I'd more then likely return again if I was back in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wisconsin's newest full service convention center, and Travel Green designated hotel the Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center, Stevens Point, WI. Located in central Wisconsin to serve all your convention/meeting needs. Holiday Inn & Convention Center Stevens Point features 149 spacious guestrooms and a variety of luxury suites is located directly off I-39 and Hwy. 51 at Hwy. 10E. Holiday Inn Convention Center Stevens Point features 38,000 square feet of combined meeting, exhibit, conference, expo, and banquet space. Our professional meeting planners provide full service food and beverage service to accommodate all breakfast, lunch, dinner, hors d'oeuvre, and refreshment break needs. Rudy's Red Eye Grill, our premier on-site restaurant and bar features excellent food, remarkable atmosphere, and live music Thursday-Saturday Guests can also enjoy the intimate lobby bar. The Holiday Inn Convention Center Stevens Point boasts Splashpoint Indoor Water Area with a 3-story slide, water geysers, plunge pool, whirlpool, kiddie slide, and large game room. Call for limited slide hours and height restrictions. The Holiday Inn Convention Center Stevens Point is within close proximity to UW Stevens Point, Sentry Insurance, Sentry World Golf, Lands End, Banta, Donaldson, Canadian National and Point Brewery with complimentary transportation within a 5-mile radius during customary business hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stevens Point Hotel Stevens Point
- Stevens Point Holiday Inn