“A cut above”

Stoughton, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A cut above”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Every time we go we are impressed with the quality of the food and the personal service we receive. The menu offers many really good dishes but if you're in the mood for it don't overlook their Ribs & Pulled Pork...both are great. Laz's offers a quiet and intimate dining experience that wow's the pallet.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Brad B

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Great food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Five of us met at Laz Bistro for a girls' lunch out on Wednesday noon. After agreeing to meet there, I went to the restaurant website to scope out the menu and got really excited over the variety of offerings.
Sadly, we were the only customers in the place. We received exclusive service. (I think our waiter was also the chef.) but, unfortunately, therefore, I cannot really review the service. We shared a "Tapas" starter of veggie spring rolls with a slightly sweet, very tasty peanut dipping sauce. In spite of all of our visiting, they disappeared very quickly! Our youngest diner (16-years old) chose the small pulled pork platter with a side of potato salad and a side of sweet potato fries. She finished her potato salad, let the rest of us devour most of her fries, and took home tons of the generous amount of pulled pork. She loved it all. A couple of the ladies ordered the salmon. Our 90-something guest took about half of hers home for later. The other cleaned her plate! One of the ladies chose the Grilled Buffalo Chicken wrap sandwich and I had the Voodoo Shrimp Kebobs from the Tapas portion of the menu. We each ordered a side of coleslaw. We, too, nearly licked our plates clean. Although we were all sated, the Tiramisu proved irresistable and we just had to order one so we could share. Grandma would have ordered her own if she could have put another morsel into her mouth! I would definitely go there again!

• Visited July 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Stoughton Surprise”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Wide menu. Good food. Wasn't expecting to find lobster bisque on Main Street Cheerful staff. Family owned.

• Visited April 2014
Stoughton, Wisconsin
“Consistently good food!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

While I don't frequent Laz Bistro, each time I have eaten there the food has been excellent. I particularly like the pork platter. You get a pile of pork and sides. The baked beans is my personal favorite, along with the pork.

Visited May 2013
Stoughton
“Quiet Little Restaurant with Great Food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This restaurant has high quality food. That said, I can't come very often as the prices run a bit steep for me. No children's menu. either.

• Visited February 2014