“We Loved This Place!”
Review of Crown Point Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stoughton
Crown Point Resort
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I currently live in Singapore, but decided to come back and visit the US this past summer. As we live a very urban daily life, we wanted our two kids to experience cottage life and found this cabin on VRBO. We spent a month here, splitting our time between the two 3-bedroom cottages and found that both cottages exceeded our expectations!
To start, the cottages were both extremely comfortable and well set-up, especially the kitchens. We found that they had everything that we needed to cook at-home meals all summer. They both came with air con, though we found that the ceiling fans were enough for us. The beds were very comfortable, there were more than enough bathrooms for everyone and we loved having washers/dryers right in the cottage.
The lake is beautiful and there are enough activities to keep us occupied- we recommend renting the kayaks and the pontoon boat. There are also adult bikes for rent that looked great. Our kids loved the sandbox/swing set/slide area that is available for children staying in the resort.
The location is amazing! Stoughton is a small, charming town and the city of Madison is only a 20-minute drive. If you have kids, there are some amazing places to take them: in Stoughton, there is a man-made swimming lake and beach called Troll Beach, which our kids loved, as well as a very nice public library with a great section for kids and a petting zoo nearby; Madison has a fantastic children's' museum, and the Wisconsin Dells are an hour away. If you like shopping, there are two outlet malls that are both within an hour's drive.
Frank, the owner, could not be nicer and he was so helpful and kind to us during our entire visit. He is always available when needed to answer questions or give advice on places to visit.
I cannot recommend this place enough, and we hope to return and stay again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had an amazing stay at the resort. Frank takes really good care of the property and I loved my stay. Things are clean and well taken care of. I stayed in Cottage #1 and it was absolutely perfect. I am looking to coming back in September.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my 1st stay at Crown Point Resort-My Dad and brothers stayed in cabin 4. Loved everything about the place,roomy,clean,stocked with dishes and pots and pans plus some extras,views from cabin 4 deck were breathtaking. The owner Frank all i can say is Wow, he did everything to make our visit the best time. Will recondmend to anyone that is looking to get away or to fish the place is Crown Point Resort .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have stayed at Crown Point Resort for opening weekend of the Wisconsin game fish season for years. I typically have traveled with a group of 12-15 fishing friends and have experienced a true family atmosphere. The on site owner is committed to doing anything to make your stay the best. The cabins are immaculately clean; kitchens are fully equipped; and the docks are well maintained and accessible. If you are looking for a place to stay that will never disappoint, Crown Point Resort is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Try the boathouse if you want to be next to your oat on the dock. If stairs are not your thing, try...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I travel to the Crown Point Resort every year with a group of college friends just to get together again. This is our fourth year going there and there's a reason we keep going back. The prices are absolutely awesome. The owner is always seems to be on site and is more than accommodating. If you need anything, he'll do his very best to get it to you. The location is beautiful - I've been here in the winter, early spring, late spring, and early summer and each time it's been different. For my friends and I this is like our home away from home. I plan on coming back again and every time my visit is over I never want to leave.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My family stayed for a week in March at #6, the boathouse cottage. Very comfortable beds and lots of them. The kitchen was FULLY stocked with lots of dishes, pots, pans, utensils, baking dishes, cookie sheets, extra large pots, pitchers, everything needed for good home cooking. Furniture and carpet is starting to get worn, but everything was very clean. The washer and dryer was very convienient, we didn't have to bring and abundace of clothes or towels, just wash a load a day. The windows on the lake made the scenery beautiful. We would come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've stayed in Cottage #1 in warm and cold weather. I come to relax and get some writing done, and it's great for those purposes, but I think families or people looking for an active vacation would also have a good time. In the summer, the lake is damn near irresistible. Frank is a great host who clearly loves this place and puts a lot of care into it. Above all else, the view over the lake is worth every penny.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoughton
Quality Inn & Suites of Stoughton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central
The Edgewater
The Edgewater
#8 of 63 in Madison
Sleep Inn & Suites Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison South

Been to Crown Point Resort? Share your experiences!