Days Inn Stoughton WI
QualityInn
US$71
US$67
US$78
Sleep Inn & Suites Madison(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$111
US$104
Days Inn & Suites Madison(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$87
US$80
US$107
US$99
Quality Inn(Edgerton)
US$76
US$70
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$90
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I am one that depends on a good HONEST review of a hotel/motel that I am looking to stay at. I stayed at the Days Inn in Stoughton, WI August 9, 2012. I do agree that some motels have a musty or mildew smell to them, this hotel did not - they did inform me that they have been painting rooms and making new upgrades - which is wonderful. They informed me that all rooms were either newly carpeted or getting new carpet and are getting some new fixtures. I stayed on the 2nd floor and I am one to check out a couple rooms and then, choose which one I feel is better. They were telling the truth because all the rooms I checked out had new carpeting in them and just a couple new fixtures - couple rooms have been freshly painted. Cleanliness of the room was great and to be honest had a good nights rest. Trust me, if I had issues with my room - I am one to say something right away - why wait until the next morning. They should know about it - so they can make things right. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - felt rather secure about being in the room over night. I have absolutely no concerns with coming back and staying at this hotel again. Everyone who works there is very friendly and willing to help you with anything. I have seen bad hotels in my many years of stays and this is no where near a horrible hotel - it's actually pretty good. Just remember all reviews can't be trusted.

Room Tip: Tip for a good room - don't be afraid to ask to see the room first. Don't you wanna see what you are going to stay in before you pay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We visited relatives in the charming town of Stoughton and found budget rates at the Days inn. When we entered the building we remarked on the odd musty, mildewy smell, which was even worse in the room. Ok, we can put up with the smell. The room looked shabby and all the furniture looked old. Carpet looked dirty. Bathtub ledge had numerous cigarette burns on it. The worst was what looked like a large blood stain on the side of the box springs. It was very late at night and we just went to sleep or tried to. The condition of the room and my concerns about the state of the room kept me up all night. Although we had reserved the room for 3 nights, we checked out the very next morning. The staff was very nice and offered to show us another room but I just couldn't bear to stay there. To their credit, all three nights were refunded to us. It's one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Stay at the quality inn instead
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple