The Lodge at Leathem Smith
Best Western Maritime Inn(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$105
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$133
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$94
US$71
Holiday Music Motel(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelocity
Cherry Hills Golf & Lodge(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$67
Orbitz.com
Snug Harbor Inn(Sturgeon Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscaptains suiteomelette stationwedding guestsupon checkpaulkonaaccommodationsveteranstikifallfireplacewaterfront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Oct 2011: We decided to finally go to Door County and ended up here based upon price. We had to pay in full prior to seeing our room. The room was small and outdated. It looked as someone's grandma decorated it ten years ago. Tube TV and moldy tiling in shower. Outside of the hotel looks new, but that is about all. The breakfast that is included allows you to go thru the line once... be prepared to wait about 30 min. Beds were very firm and sheets were scratchy. We did not eat dinner there as it was expensive and the staff at check-in were not very friendly. Despite how young we look, we're 26 and we're treated like we didn't belong. Probably won't go back to DC because that was the general vibe of everywhere minus (Casey's Smokehouse, great food). So much for our romantic weekend... wouldn't recommend.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank benesa87
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I have made reservations many places before and only gave my credit card to hold the room, but this place required payment IN FULL when I made the reservation. I had no choice about this room as we were part of a group there, but believe me I will NEVER, I repeat NEVER stay there again in a million years, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone. I can understand having to put a deposit, but not the total before even arriving.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank rebeccat214
LodgeAtLeathemSmith, Owner at The Lodge at Leathem Smith, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Dear rebeccat214:

I am happy to report that we have changed our policy. While we still take a deposit when you make the reservation, we no longer charge the balance until the day of check out.

Thank you for your comments. We are always striving to improve, and hope you will reconsider giving us another chance to show you that OUR CUSTOMERS really do come first.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

We just spend a quilting weekend at the Lodge. If you need a place for your retreat this the place to stay, 50 Quilters stayed and we all had a great time. Food was superb, Service was Superb! Weekend was over too fast. Everything was neat and clean, service from staff was fantastic. We are coming back. Next Quilt retreat date April 2012 see you all then.

2  Thank Kathi J
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This past weekend I spent 2 nights at the Lodge at Leathem Smith along with 40+ other quilters. We had a wonderful time. The accomodations were clean and neat, and the staff was more than willing to help with any of our needs. A very warm and friendly place to lay down your head. Can't wait to return in the Spring!

2  Thank caroldebbout
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I just returned from a wonderful wkend spent at the Lodge. We had a group of 50 women there to spend the weekend quilting. Paul and his lovely wife was great to us. The staff were so great to us. and the place is wonderful we had such a great time, and the food was supurb. cant wait to return, and Joe the scarecrow was a blast too...

2  Thank wisctraveler