“Discredit to the Comfort Suites Name!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Crandon, Wisconsin
“Discredit to the Comfort Suites Name!”
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I have stayed at countless Comfort Suites and always had a very nice room, honest clerks, super comfy beds. I booked at this facility on line about 2 months before we went and at the time it offered smoking rooms and this one was suppose to be lakeview. I have a friend who smokes and had trouble walking so I paid about $50.00 more here because they were the only motel in the area that had smoking rooms and expected to be on the lake front. We drove about 250 miles and arrived late at night. When we arrived I checked in and at that time the clerk told me there were no smoking rooms but there was a balcony. Frustrated and tired from the ride I checked in and went to the room. It was actually across the road from the lake and it faced the parking lot. By then I was more than frustrated. I went back to the desk and told the girl that I refused to stay there and asked for my money back. She told me that I couldn't and that the manager would talk to me in the morning. I insisted she contact him that night so she called him. He could care less about my complaints and said that they would still charge me if I chose to leave, which they did! We left and went only a short distance down the street on lake side and I got a beautiful 2 bedroom Suite right on the lake for less than at the Comfort Suites. I would Never Book a room on line again and have lost faith in the Comfort Suites name.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ohio
Reviewed 5 November 2010

While in the area to look at a sailboat we might purchase, we felt the urge to stay a couple of days and check out the fall beauty in Door County. The Comfort Inn offered us a room with a king bed for the price of 2 doubles. It was such a quiet place, nicely decorated, great pool, with wonderful continental breakfast. The young lady at the night desk was as helpful as could be, carrying my bag to our room and checking to see if it was to our satisfaction. Later she gave us tips on area restaurants that sent us for delicious prime rib dinners.
Knowing that we would still be in Door County the following night and returning to the same hotel would be convenient, the following morning we booked the room for a 2nd night.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 10 October 2010

If you like to hear every shower, every toilet within a 5 room radius this hotel is a dream for you.this poveded us with a 5:30 A.M. wake up call.This is at best a $40.00 a night property. frendly voices greet you from the hallways, while you are trying to get a good night sleep.From our first floor room we could hear every footstep taken no matter how large or small.Squeeks added frequently to enhance the experience.Room rate was high at $90.00 the first night then jumped to $135.00 the second night.if this place is the only place in town left,STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank banohoy

Travellers are raving about these Sturgeon Bay hotels

Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I have been to many Comfort Inns. The Comfort Inn of Sturgeon Bay was very clean and quiet. I had a family emergency in Sturgeon Bay. The staff was exceptional and went beyond normal customer service to help me and my family out thru a very difficult time. I would definately would back to this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JImd3472
Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We visited Door County and wanted somewhere that offered breakfast and a pool. The pool was ice cold, we could only handle it for about 20 minutes. The breakfast, although good, the seating area was very very small. Luckily it wasn't too busy when we were there, but I could see where space could be a problem.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night this past weekend. Thank God, it was only one night!
First, when we walked in the room we immediately got hit by a very strong musty/moldy smell. I opened the window, but that did not help. The room was not very clean either. I noticed a blood stain on the pillow case and the towels had stains as well. And you definitely didn't want to walk around the room with out shoes. The cleanliness wasn't the only issue.
The hotel was completely booked (due to the high summer season) and I was awoken at 2am because the people right above us decided to walk around the room for two hours! Then, they were at it again at 6am! I realize the hotel can't really control people and what they do in their rooms, however, this just shows the hotel was built very cheaply because you should not hear people walking that clearly! Needless to say, I got very little sleep that night.
The next morning, when we checked out, we politely shared these concerns with the girl at the desk and she didn't even offer an apology. We got nothing! I didn't expect them to comp the room, but an apology would have been nice.
The bottom line is, this hotel knows that they can fill their rooms no matter what in the high summer season so they clearly do not care about customer service.
There are plenty of other nice places to stay in Door County. If you want to save some money I recommend the AmericInn in Sturgeon Bay. Its comparable in price, but much nicer then the Comfort Inn.
Save your money and do not stay here! You will get a much better nights sleep in a cleaner environment at a camp ground!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChicagoGirl319
Michigan
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Traveling with my 86 year old dad...who's in a wheel chair ..it would be nice if this place had an elevator ..it's tough getting him and his chair up a flight of steps.. .. but if you call ahead the staff will accomodate you with a ground floor double.. or a handicapped single king...and a roll away. if you don't chances are you're up stairs., hefting an 86 year old man up on your shoulder. ...
It's a pleasant hotel...just west of sturgeon bay very near a Target. Very handy for adult diapers...and across the street from a walgreens , very handy for prescriptions and sharing the parking lot with Woldt's bar ...very hand for libations ...the hotel itself is normally quiet, parking is ample. Staff usually nice enough. Breakfast is decent for a comfort inn usually at least 1 hot Item. And unlike the Marinette WI location 43 miles away it dosn't smell too much....and you might even see a rabbit hibbity hobbitying about the rear of the property....welcoming you to the Door peninsula.

But you don't got to this hotel for anything but sleep.. the swankier , romantic places are in town or up the coast a bit. Normally under a c note.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
#11 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort
Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort
#6 of 7 in Baileys Harbor

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!