“Wild mushroom ravioli was great”

Inn at Cedar Crossing
Ranked #8 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve a variety of classic and contemporary menu items of of traditional and contemporary American style. Our dining room is casual and we do take reservations for all meal services. Our bar offers beer, wine and cocktails with any emphasis on many craft breweries from within Wisconsin, as well as local wines.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Inn at Cedar Crossing was busy but we were able to get a table immediately on a week night without a reservation. The restaurant is located in downtown Sturgeon Bay and was within walking distance of our B&B. My husband and I both had wild mushroom ravioli which was delicious.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Loved the atmosphere! Very charming and cozy. I've been here several times and come to the same conclusion. The wait staff are good, but the menu has a bit to be desired. There wasn't anything special to order and the salad that I got was, well put it this way, I could've done a whole lot better and that's not saying much. Don't they use local greens? They do serve great mixed drinks, which is hard to find around here. Will I go back? Most likely for lunch.

1  Thank getoutoftown12331
Reviewed 16 August 2014

At the waiter's recommendation, my wife ordered a pastrami sandwich. The pastrami (what little there was) was dry and bland. The onion slice was the END of an onion and when we showed it to the waiter, he said "wow"! I ordered a chicken Caesar salad and ate about a third of it. The salad was swimming in dressing and tasted like someone dumped a cup of ground pepper in it. We won't return.

3  Thank davethefoodcritic
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The experience started off bad when the busboy brought out our water glasses and mine was filthy. There was crusted filth starting at the rim extending about a quarter inch into the glass. Luckily I saw it before I drank and the waiter was quick to remove the glass. I have to admit that I was skeptical about eating there, but my wife wanted to so we did.

The food was ok, no reason to go back (or stay away) for the food, but the waiter we had, Joshua, was great. It was like I never saw him unless we needed something and then there he was. His timing for taking our order, collecting our plates, etc. was perfect. No rushing, no waiting. I've never had better service, even in some "fancy" expensive restaurants.

2  Thank Larry Z
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Don't get me wrong I really like this restuarant. The problem is I keep getting their worst server and it totally brings down the dining experience. We were not told of the daily specials. The server chewed gum voraciously through our time there. While taking our order she was staring past us in an uninterested way gazing around the restuarant. This translated to our order not being right and having to be sent back. The food is great here.....the service spotty.

2  Thank lizzard5