“When in Door County, Make this a Stop.. Great wines”

Simon Creek Vineyard & Winery
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I stopped here for on our anniversary trip and must say, it was probably one of the best experiences we have had. The servers ( mother / daughter ) were VERY helpful and even had a pair of cheaters for me since I left my glasses in the car. The wines were all very good and not expecting too, we did buy a full case. As for some who say that it is out of the way, it is less than 2 miles from Door County Winery on the same road. We will stop here again !

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This winery was more out of the way than I expected, but we eventually found it. The building and the grounds are very nice. The store inside has some fun things too. But the wines were just okay. Worth a visit, though.

Tim L, Owner at Simon Creek Vineyard & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Simon Creek Winery is located iin the very center of beautiful Door County. We are also exactly 3 miles from the County"s two main highways, 42 and 57.. This location makes for true convenience in travelling to and from the winery. We are also coneniently located along the very popular Door County Wine Trail with easy access to the 6 other Door County wineries.
Our location has often been described as "one of the prettiest spots in Door County."We purposely located our state of the art winery and vineyards on the pristene 120 acre property so that our guests could share in the ambience and beau8ty of the grounds. Never before has anyone described the property as out of the way. Rather, most of our 60,000 annual guests compare the winery and setting to the finest California wineries. We are sometimes called the "Napa of the North".
As far as our wines being "just OK", it is noteworthy that our wines have been awarded hundreds of medals in the most prestigious international wine competitions.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We loved this place... one of the best wineries in Door County. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, tasty fruit wines. If you don't like fruit wines, maybe don't go to Door County? That's a lot of what you are going to find there just because of the sheer location of the place.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Simon Creek Winery was my favorite stop on the Door County wine trail. It is a beautiful setting with vineyards that you can walk in and outdoor seating. My husband and I enjoyed a glass of wine while overlooking the property. We were also pleasantly surprised with the wines. Neither of us are big on sweet wines. Most of them are overly sweet, especially cherry wines. The woman working said they were known for their cherry wine. We decided to try it and I'm glad we did! It was a nice sweet dessert wine, not like the cough syrup some wineries serve. Definitely go to Simon Creek!

2  Thank sedubois712
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We are Sturgeon Bay residents and consider the Simon Creek Vineyard on of the best in the county. They offer excellent wines and do not charge for the cordial tastings at the wine bar. The atmosphere and gift area is really enjoyable.