“My favorite vacation spot ever!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Robertson's Cottages
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
“My favorite vacation spot ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I have been coming to Robertson's for over 35 years and have literally grown old here. We have traveled extensively after retirement to other countries, and although we enjoyed all our trips Robertson's was my husband's favorite spot for relaxing and scenic beauty. My husband passed away last month and my visit this June will be the first without him, but know he will be with me and our family. Our children are now bringing their children every year and all of them enjoy the quiet, scenic, comfortable cottages as much as my husband and I have for all these past years. We LOVE Idlewild and are so happy our children and grandchildren do too!

Room Tip: Cottages are old but clean and spacious!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Margie H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I'm from Phoenix, AZ and I normally have two visits to Robertson's every year. This year I was unable to make my Spring visit due to other commitments. So, by the time I was on my way for my September visit, I was desperate to be in Idlewild at the cottages! Oh, was I ready for a vacation and Robertson's is just what the doctor ordered!

There is something so peaceful and quiet about the resort and the surrounding area that I feel I am having a "religious" experience every time I am there. The cottages are rustic and cozy, the life while there is very simple, unhurried and easy. I love having "fresh" eggs for breakfast (from Brenda the "Idylwyld Eggs" lady.) Scaturo's Bakery in town has some of the best baked goods around AND the best soups ever! The "laundry library" has quite the assortment of books and saves a trip into town.

I thank my lucky stars for the kindness and generosity of my wonderful hosts, Beth and John Yount and their children, Lisa and John Jr. They manage to have many of the comforts of home in each of the cottages while maintaining the rustic feel of the resort.

Since 1979...I can still say thank you for another great vacation, Beth and John. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the Spring 2012!

Blessings to all...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Dawgma
Streamwood, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

We have been going to Robertson's sonce 2004, when we stayed in Sunrise Cottage on the island. My boys loved having the island to ourselves, but we wanted to get on the mainland for our next stay. The next year, we stayed in Sportsman's Home, which was cute and cozy. We currently use Woodland, which we LOVE!!! This place is everything we go to Door County for: rustic, quiet, simple family time. If you want 4 star fancy, then find someplace else. Beth & John are wonderful, kind, friendly, and hard-working...and the best hosts we have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Our boys love biking and swimming, and our family hikes to our little secret place on Green Bay, and to Sherwood Point lighthouse. We LOVE ROBERTSONS!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank WeaveMom
Elmhurst, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

Each fall we travel from busy Chicagoland up to Robertsons Cottages as we have for the past 10+ years with our dear friends. We count the months inbetween as we know once we arrive we will feel the stress escape us and feel rejuvenated! We have always stayed at Parkview but have seen the interiors of the other cottages. The cottages are charming and a step back in time...each one uniquely designed in a "theme" and tastefully yet comfortably decorated. No frills, yet when we arrive, we look at each year's improvements and are always saying, "Oh wow, look at this!!!". The cottages are clean and well equipped. Beth and John Yount are awesome, incredibly accommodating hosts, making us feel like family. The area is secluded and there is an awesome view of Sawyer Harbor and the Potawatomi Park across the bay. At night you can see the Surgeon Bay city lights in the far distance right from the cottage! The docks provide a place to view incredible sun rises and sun sets. We enjoy shopping in the quaint shops, hiking at the parks, driving through Door County viewing the splendor of the colored leaves, and visiting a local church on Sunday. We were just there last month and can't wait to get back to Robertsons to be refreshed again! Thank you Beth and John for the opportunity to visit your remarkable establishment year after year!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

When it comes to vacation and enjoying the outdoors, the first thing I think of is Door County, Wisconsin. But it's not just Door County that brings this all to me, it's Robertson's Cottages. I am 26 years old and have been staying at the Robertson's since I was 4 years old. My mother and father took me and my sister here summer after summer. I can't think of a summer with out Robertson's not being involved with it.

For the first time ever we stayed on one of the island cottages that Robertson's has to offer instead of staying in one on the mainland. It was an awesome experience. I came with my sister, her husband, and 3 of my cousins. We had a blast grilling outside, playing card games at night, fishing and swimming off the pontoon boat. We couldn't of asked for more.

Roberston's has so much to offer. It truly gives you the outdoor feeling. It helps you get away from all of your worries back home. Away from day to day problems and headaches. You are able to truly enjoy Door County in the best ways. Wether it's fishing, swimming, boating, and just relaxing on the dock to enjoy the beautiful sawyer harbor.

Their cottages give an excellent feel to the experience as well. Most cottages have fireplaces and older antique furniture to give you an older feel to the Robertson's history as well as Sturgeon Bay.

I would highly recommend Robertson's Cottages for really anyone, especially families. I have been going here since I was just a young boy and I plan on one day bringing a family of my own to keep the tradition alive.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank joey1983
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

We loved our visit to the Robertson's cottages this summer and found all the amenities brillient. Coming form Ireland it was great to have relaxed and friendly hosts who could not have been more helpful. We arrived very late at night but it wasn't a problem, the family helped sort us out with the pontoon boat and after a brief lesson (very trusting!) on how to drive it we set off for the island. Over the next few days we had a fantastic time. The cottage wasn't fancy, but it was clean and cosy and our first nights bon fire had been build for us! The over all ambience was easy going and relaxed and hurray the dog was welcome. We loved the sail boat with John Junior, even though there was no wind (!) the views and the craic and we are hoping to find time to return before we leave for home next year.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ara629_10
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

My family has been staying at Robertson's cottages for over forty years. We have stayed in quite a few of the cottages over the years and make an annual trip every June for two weeks. This past June my wife and I celebrated our seven year anniversary on the island. We were married in June of 2003 on the dock at Sunset cottage. I proposed the year before on the other side of the island at Sunrise cottage, which we stayed in that year. Every cottage at Robertson's is unique. We have always enjoyed staying at Robertson's cottages. The other families that stay there in June are like an extended family. Just like Beth and John Yount. My wife loves that John Sr. walked her down the
aisle at our wedding. The fishing is great and sight seeing in Door County. We look forward to our annual trip in June. I have gone in the fall several times and the fall colors are awesome just like the sunsets.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Beach Harbor Resort
Beach Harbor Resort
#10 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Robertson's Cottages? Share your experiences!