“Very good lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very good lunch”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was staying at the resort an decided to have lunch in the restaurant. Although they were closing until dinner in a few minutes, they let me sit down and order. The waitress was very friendly and my food arrived in a speedy fashion. It was great! I had the soup of the day--creamy asparagus and then a corned beef sandwich. The soup was the best! Very flavorful and full of asparagus chunks. My sandwish was thick with corned beef slices and had been toasted. It was served with home made potato chips. The entire lunch was just what I needed. I offered to pay my bill while still eating because I knew that the wait staff was leaving for the afternoon. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. I would eat there again.

Oshkosh
“Always impressed”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's the details that determine if a good experience deserves 4 or 5 stars in my opinion. I have always had exceptional food and service at this restaurant. Everything is meticulously clean in the dining room. The soup and salad bar is of superb quality and offers a fantastic selection. The linens and glassware are always perfectly clean and arranged. The food is delicious and served at the appropriate temperature. The dining experience is what made us decide to book a hotel stay here! Recommend!

Visited July 2014
Madison, WI
“nice meal and great view”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My boyfriend had dinner here in late June. We sat outside and had a good meal. I had stuffed shrimp and it was very good.

• Visited June 2014
Schofield, Wisconsin
“wonderful meal”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What a wonderful place to eat. Awesome view of the harbor. Great food! service was just great. waitress was so nice and attentive .

Newton, Wisconsin
“Tremendous waste of great real estate”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've had groups I hosted here for meetings lasting several days, eaten here at least 5 times prior to today, but today's lunch cannot be described in any other way than noted. What a great spot, great view, great environment, great weather, and an absolute waste of money and TIME spent trying to get lunch here today. Wow. 90 minutes to get two sandwiches ("sorry, the kitchen is a little backed up" after an hour). We would have gladly done the salad bar and served ourselves had we known that we would waste so much time and money on the 4th of July, our only day in Door County. Aaargh. People who came 30-40 minutes after us got their food just minutes after ours. Did our order get stuck at the drawbridge? Don't know - not a word said by anyone. We had two different soups - both were absolutely plain creams; nothing special. Maybe from a package. Almost couldn't tell the difference between a chicken broccoli alfredo and clam chowder. Get up and chase down, wait and wait for a server, ask 3 different people 3 times and still wait for silverware and condiments, wait and wait for two drinks that didn't taste right (how can you screw up a Diet Coke and draft beer?). Then get two cold sandwiches that tasted like they were prepared by that famous French chef, SYSCO, with a side of stale chips. Do I sound a little disappointed? I love to review restaurants with raving wonderful food - this was not their day at Stone Harbor. Neither the host nor the manager checking out asked us how our lunch was, how our day was, or even why we left such a small tip. Did anyone even care how the food or service was being delivered? No one asked. I will not bring my business meetings nor my family back. There are many other great options closeby. Gordon Ramsey needs to pop in and give some ideas here.

1 Thank Stump_fiddle