“Friendly Staff - Great Fishing”

Sand Bay Beach Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Sand Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at Sand Bay Beach Resort in February so she could visit Sturgeon Bay and I could do some ice fishing. We found the location to be perfect, easy driving to locations on the bay for fishing and close to Sturgeon Bay's restaurants and shops. The friendly resort management went above and beyond, making sure I was directed to productive fishing. (Oh yes, I caught some fish!) Our room was comfortable and a good value. The only negatives were that bed was a little lumpy because of a waterproof mattress cover and some of the bathroom fixtures were showing their age. I look forward to returning some time and hiring a guide through the "Wacky Walleye" guide service which is part of the resort.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed here before a Packer game and the room was simply wonderful not one complaint! Accept that we couldn't stay longer..Ok maybe the bed was a little firm for my old back but my husband had no problems sleeping. The kids were very comfy in the sleeper sofa. And views the best in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We got an excellent rate for the second weekend in October for a standrad suite. Our room was spacious and overlooked the bay, letting us see some pretty skies at sunset and sunrise. The bathroom wasn't anything fancy, but the shower was nice and large. There was a whirlpool tub in the room as well as a small refrigerator, microwave, sink, toaster, and coffeemaker. While it wasn't warm enough to go in the water, the beach was well kept and large, with a pier you could walk out on. They also had three fire pits you could use that were back closer to the building. The indoor pool and game room areas also looked great. I think this would be a great place for families. The staff was very quick in fulfilling requests - our room was lacking a hair dryer and dvd player (they have dvds to rent there) and we had those brought to us in less than 10 minutes. Keep in mind this is the very south end of Door County so it is a good half hour drive to the next town north. It was about 15 minutes to downtown Sturgeon Bay where restaurants and such are. The Sunset Grille was only about 5 minutes away, but was the only close restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed two nights while touring the area and fishing. Room was spacious with big jetted tub in room. Nice View of beach and Lake Michigan out of all the rooms. Excellent bed. Fished for smallmouth with Dale Stoschien and I can also recommend his service. Fishing was tough and he really worked hard to put us on fish. I caught my largest smallmouth to date, but few numbers. I fish regularly and have used a lot of guides, I know number of fish any given day is not a true test. Wish it was closer to home, I would be a regular.

Room Tip: Depending on your use, you might want to select a room with rear door to beach area. I believe we ha...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Our experience with the Sand Bay Beach Resort was a mixed experience. The positives: 1.) A truly nice sand beach, 2.) crystal clear water that is warm enough in May in Wisconsin to enter because the sun can warm it because it is shallow, 3.) the view from the property of the waters of Green Bay is very, very nice 4.) due to its location south-east of Sturgeon Bay, it is very quiet and removed from the crowded, hectic, noisy typical Door County experience yet it is convenient to the offerings of Sturgeon Bay and a state park, 5.) the front desk staff was nice, 6.) the accommodations were spacious and contained features that would certainly be useful 7.) the landscaping is very pleasant and well maintained. The negatives: 1.) this property is showing its age, 2.) maintenance appears to be an issue, 3.) sheets, towels and pillows are old and need to be updated, 4.) the waterproof mattress covers interfere with a cool, restful sleep and 5.) this is a rural property and the water is understandably hard and has a strong iron taste so you may wish to at least bring bottled water. It wasn’t that we had a bad experience but rather this is a property that needs to attend to some issues to provide a more completely positive experience.

Room Tip: As always, second floor is quieter. Bring bottled water. Check the sheets for wear. Make sure eve...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank unionrep1
Reviewed 9 January 2012

What a hassle. I've tried calling repeatedly to make a reservation and kept getting the voicemail. I left messages but never got a call back. Someone finally answered the phone today but they weren't helpful and had such a bad attitude that I just gave up. I'm an experienced traveler and experience tells me that whole vacations can be ruined by having to deal with lousy service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Multi T
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Loved the room, beach, sky and water!! Very peaceful and comfortable. Totally enjoyable!! Can't wait to do it again!!!

Room Tip: Choose a balcony or patio for the best experience!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple