“Nice people... wonderful produce”
Review of Choice Orchards

Choice Orchards
Ranked #21 of 41 things to do in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The 2013 cherry season looks to be one of the best in a few years. Just pitted a pail full..I would say 3 pies worth at least and the juice was incredible...very good quality. When I arrived, the lot was full...families with kids from babies to teens were ready and awaiting. Great, wholesome activity for children on a beautiful July day...not in front of a TV or computer in a hotel room.. Smart parents! I remember my own son..a Chicago suburbs kid, who loved the experience but loved the cherry pies,turnovers and cherry sauce over ice cream even more. Farm to table...what you want your children to understand and appreciate.

1  Thank Karen K

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I was really looking forward to Cherry Picking here on the 4th of July, my friend owns a home on Walker rd. right across the street, the day we were to go we drove our 4 wheeler to see what time they were open until and couldn't find anyone despite several signs and flags on Walker rd. inviting you to enter the property to pick there Cherries, we then left only to be chased down by another person on a 4 wheeler, I thought for sure they were catching up to us because they missed us at the entrance, well they were, the guy on the 4 wheeler was yelling at us to stay off his property, when I tried to explain we were staying right here and only inquiring about hours he said sorry I'm only doing what the owner asked me to do, please don't drive on our property, I was blown away, we not only had a right because of the inviting signs but we were only 10 feet inside the shoulder which isn't even there property, it's the states property, not only that it's a very small town and not at all representing the people of Sturgeon Bay we've come to love over the years, needless to say our party of 12 decided to skip the big guy in a small town and head into town and find a small farmers market in a bank paking lot that I'm sure appreciated our business much more than CHOICE ORCHARDS, so if you're in the area and feel the need for Cherries please remember this story and ask a local what other options you have for your hard earned money.

4  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Dessert - straight from the land to your hand. What's NOT to like??

3  Thank Tom And Andi E
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a great farm where you can pick cherries. July mid-end is the best time to go. Eat some and bag some.

5  Thank SidB