“Great Stay”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights and were impressed with the quality of the hotel overall. Everything was clean, efficient, friendly staff and great breakfast at a reasonable price! The location was excellent and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at the AmericInn in Sturgeon Bay while passing through from a Packers game to Sister Bay. Most Door County hotels require a 2 night minimum and AmericInn does not which is why we chose it in the first place, coupled with the good reviews on TripAdvisor. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The pool/hot tub area is clean and open late for adults only. The room was clean and spacious enough for our needs. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend it if you are looking for a hotel at a fair price for what you get.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Shamie47,

Thank you very much for taking time out to share about you recent experience at our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the Packers won!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Door County.

Most Sincerely,

Lisa

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We arrived to the hotel on a Wednesday night about 8pm, I had reserved one of the King Suites with Jacuzzi tub. The employee behind the counter was not friendly at all. There was no greeting other than "Name?". I do not recall the employee even making eye contact with me.

The room was very nice and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was average. You could easily fit several people in the room as the bedroom is actually separate from the room with the sleeper sofa and the tv. The weather was too warm to use the fireplace in the room, but the tub was definitely put to use.

Upon checkout the next morning, I was again not greeted or even told to have a nice day. I can say that the only employee who generally seemed to enjoy being at work was the lady doing the breakfast. She was very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear BizzleRN,

I appreciate the time you took to share about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear the staff didn't live up to the expectations touted in all of our great reviews. It is definately not typical of the staff to be anything but helpful and welcoming. I do apologize for that and am glad that you did enjoy our accomodations.

Thank you for honestly sharing and keeping us constantly on our toes to give all of our guests a great experience at our hotel. WE will definately work on those areas that need it. I do hope you will visit us again in the future and have an experience that is more like those shared by other contributors.

Most Sincerely,
Lisa

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Nice clean and comfortable. We traveled with our dog and I feel the $25. extra per night is a little expensive. I have stayed at other hotels and been charged anywhere from $0.00 to $25. so it's on the highest end.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I would recommend this motel to anyone staying in the Sturgeon Bay area. The motel is clean, quiet, and affordable. Close to restaurants, the Bay, and Target. Warm, inviting atmosphere with a fireplace in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The fact that trip advisor asked me to rate this hotel and I can't even remember a single thing about it makes me think it was just an average place to stay. The nice thing about it, however is that it was a hotel close to Door County where we were headed for a day. This made it convenient for our itinerary and Door County hotels require a 2 day minimum stay which we didn't need staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This was my first time at an AmericInn. I am a convert if they are all as nice as this one. It was quiet, the beds were comfortable, everything was clean, the breakfast was just fine. The price was right. And the staff was very nice and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Sturgeon Bay area.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
#16 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay? Share your experiences!