“Good food. Friendly staff”
Review of Kimz Galley Cafe

Kimz Galley Cafe
Ranked #30 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

First time we ate here. We stopped for breakfast. Food was delicious and there was a lot for the price. Staff was friendly. Very home like atmosphere. Place is small so there may be a wait at times. But the food was definitely worth the wait. The baked french toast with pecans and caramel sauce was excellent. Definitely would consider going back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Hmmm... Not sure what to say. I really wanted coffee from their "coffee bar" but 15... Yes 15!... mugs were dirty. I said something and they sent the dishwasher out to collect them all, so that is 100% positive in my book. We ordered pancakes, biscuits and gravy, and the captain's omelette. The omelette has bacon, potatoes, cheese, and scallions. ENORMOUS!! Potatoes were ever so slightly undercooked, but absolutely sensational... High quality with fresh ingredients!! I started with a half order of the silver dollar pancakes, but ended up adding ANOTHER half order... superb!!!! You could get various fruits with the pancakes, but I opted for standard pancakes. I also wish I had gotten a full order of the biscuits and gravy. Our server was likely the owner... he was certainly a businessman. Some local women liked to joke with him and he ever so slightly returned their humor. It was a real treat to eat at this restaurant. I cannot wait to return! You can see the chef and the kitchen, which I always prefer. Kitchen was very clean!! So, my coffee cup situation turned out to be a positive, because it showed what kind of businees this one is... a FABULOUS one!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I had the Kims Skillet for breakfast and it was amazing. We practically licked our plates. Enjoyed the fresh coffee bar with Door County Coffee and we had to split a cinnamon roll when we saw them coming out of the oven. Amazing. We wished we were in town for longer so that we could have eaten breakfast here again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We ate breakfast inside. The place is very small. The cook was on her phone while she prepared our food one-handed which should explain the slow part in the title. The food was good but it irritated the crap out of me that she was on her cell phone totally oblivious to the rest of the diners who were within earshot of her. Anyway, the food was very good! I just don't know that I would go back with the lack of professionalism.

3  Thank tmac4ou
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We did take out when we were here on vacation and didn't feel like a restaurant. Their menu on line was great! We all had the same thing: Cherry chicken salad wraps. Very, very, good and HUGE! I could only eat half of mine. Friendly staff and food ready when they said it would be. Highly recommend. They had live music when we showed up to get our take out and he sounded great. It's a blue house converted to a restaurant. Nice space.