“What a great place to stay!”
Review of Bay Shore Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Bay Shore Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed 8 May 2008

Booked a trip based on the reviews I read here and all I can say is thanks! Talk about nice people and what large clean rooms. Now the location is a bit farther south than we would have liked in the Door County area but after staying a few days here we're going back this year for an extra day. The property is so clean and well maintained that we were most impressed.

The people who work there (owners?) were so nice and friendly. The rooms are huge! Even the smallest room on the property is twice as large as the average room we were used to.

Now let me tell you about the location... the view is breathtaking. The property is right on the bay and you can sit on a bench and watch the sun set over the water!

The last person who reviewed the property did everyone an injustice IMHO. While I will not dispute the issue that they had I find "punishment" reviews to do everyone here a diservice. One Star because you had a misunderstanding with the owner? What about the property? The location? The rooms? Everything deserves One Star because of a mixup?

We're already booked for this summer and I hope to make this location a yearly trip.

John B
Chicago

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Bay Shore Inn

Reviewed 15 October 2007

We reserved a suite with an appropriate handicapped bathroom. When we arrived we were told the owners had taken that suite because we didn't put a "Do not move" on our reservation. We were NEVER told about that and the whole idea is ludicrous in the first place. Reserved means reserved.

We were given what we were told was another suite with a handicapped bathroom. It was DEFINITELY NOT a handicapped bathroom. I have ALS and cannot walk or stand unsupported.

When we pointed this out to the manager, Tom, we were met with extreme defensiveness and hostility. We were told we could go elsewhere but there was nothing appropriate available. We had driven for hours to get there and I needed to rest, therefore we couldn't go home. We ended up staying there because we had no choice. I informed Tom that if I fell that he and the owners would be liable.

Tom's behavior was "customer service" at it's worst. Not only was he rude, defensive, and hostile; he insulted one of our party for her for trying to get some sort of compensation for my inconvenience or at the very least an apology. He said, "I was the superintendent of a school and I know customer service!" What a crock!

We were eventually offered a lousy 10% off our bill. We never received an apology for the inconvenience.

Despite this horrible experience we had a nice time in Door County. It is a beautiful place to visit. I would recommend the Westwood Shores. The service is excellent and they have a beautifully equipped handicapped bathroom in their suite.

Despite

Stayed: October 2007
8  Thank Woodwinds13
Reviewed 3 June 2007

An outstanding place to stay in Door County. This was a condominium atmosphere with our own deck, kitchen, dining room and living room. Would have been a great place to take kids. The setting was beautiful and the hotel was great.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank califken
Reviewed 14 August 2006

My boyfriend brought me here for my birthday. It was a very nice condo-style resort, perfect for long stays. We only stayed one night and it was a bit of a disappointment because we did not get to enjoy all the resort had to offer. As 2 young people, it was a very nice, quiet setting - perfect for a romantic night away. It would be an ideal place for people with children or for a large group. We stayed in a one-bedroom. It had a full kitchen, separate bedroom, large bathroom with whirlpool tub and nice living area next to a large balcony overlooking the bay. I wish we could have had more time there to enjoy our large kitchen, the pool and the lake.
The only complaints I have is that the front desk staff wasn't as friendly as other resorts that cost the same amount or even less. We were helped by the same gentleman at check-in and check-out and he seemed bored to be doing what he was doing both times. When we asked for local dining recommendations, he just blew us off. And, when we checked-out, he never even asked how our stay was. I will say though that every other person we came across on the property was very friendly (which seems to be par for the course everywhere on the peninsula!).

I give a good review because it's a nice setting away from the city of Sturgeon Bay and the rooms were very nice. The resort seems to offer alot to their guests. The few quirks can be worked out, and even if not, they were very minor.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
7  Thank julesj0812
Reviewed 10 August 2006

The Bay Shore Inn is really a Great Family Friendly Door County spot! With the Grandkids it's good to be near Sturgeon Bay and all it offers by way of kids' attractions, fast food places, their harbor, the Bay Shore, nice family restaurants and plenty of touristy and trendy shops. The Bay Shore's northern location also provides convenient access to the northern Door County villages and has great ammenities for kids...good outdoor pool, boats, beach, fire pit, indoor pool, hot tub and bikes. The housekeeping staff here is par excellance! Service was not only excellent, it was superior!. Only possible gripe I had was less than desireable cell phone and internet connections but when you're on vacation, who cares!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Biked_it_Liked_it
Reviewed 6 July 2006

Our one bedroom unit was fine but a little stuffy -- could have benefited from some febreeze. The kitchen (old electric stove, no disposal, simple countertops) and bath (plastic liner in shower and chipped laminate vanity) could use some updating. The bedroom was really stuffy and tiny -- low ceilings and no air conditioning and very little light. The living room and dining areas are comfortable with terrific windows and great views of the pool and lake. Our third floor balcony was non-existent though I did notice that the first and second floors had substantially larger balconies. The grounds though are terrific -- beautiful plantings, well maintained buildings, a small but pretty sand beach (though we didn't swim cause the water was a bit murky), a small but adequate outdoor pool and an even smaller indoor pool (with hot tub), and tennis courts across the way. They even have a small playground and game room for kids and a coin laundry on the property which is useful for longer stays. They lack some of the amenities of a "luxury" resort -- i.e., no pay per view, no on-site dining options, no complimentary tolietries (though you can ask for them at the front desk), no fancy linens or bathrobes, no wireless internet, etc.) but they do have a small video and game library (free), limited spa offerings (massages), and complimentary coffee in the lounge. Overall, it was a relaxing stay. Despite it being 4th of July weekend, the grounds were peaceful and our room was quiet. The place isn't fancy but it is comfortable and every member of the staff was friendly and helpful and very welcoming. While I would go back to the resort, I might opt for a larger, better ventillated room next time.

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank Cheong2014
Reviewed 10 June 2006

My husband and I just got back from staying five nights at the Bay Shore Inn. What a wonderful place! The front desk staff is so friendly, the housekeeping is excellent, but the best part is the views from your windows and balcony! We stayed in a one bedroom apt./condo and it was very spacious! The kitchen is stocked with every utensil/device that you would need. We made a couple of trips to the local grocery store and cooked a lot of our own meals. We went to a fish boil at the Old Post Office in Ephraim and liked that very much. Also ate at a place in Sturgeon Bay called the Neighborhood Pub, also good! Went to several wineries but liked Stone Creek the best! On Hwy I there is a huge dairy farm with the best ice cream. Anyway, the Bay Shore Inn is great! Hopefully will get back there soon!

• Stayed: June 2006
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to Bay Shore Inn? Share your experiences!