“Quiet and peaceful.”
Review of Bay Shore Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Bay Shore Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Quiet and peaceful.”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We visited Door County for a restful week and got exactly that at the Bay Shore Inn. The setting is very nice, right on the water of Sturgeon Bay/Green Bay. Our room was on the top floor of the north building. It had a vaulted ceiling with lots of light from the high windows. The balcony was tiny, with barely room for 2 chairs, but the living area had a water view and was very pleasant. The room was nicely furnished and had everything we needed for the week. As the days passed, more and more people came in, but we were not disturbed by noise at all. The outdoor pool was closed but there is an indoor pool and spa in the building. They have bikes to borrow and kayaks in the summer as well as a sandy beach area.
The only down-side for us was the distance from the "action" farther north in Egg Harbor and the other towns up the peninsula. The inn is only about a mile north of Sturgeon Bay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place was very relaxing and was beautiful to see the water from our room. We were in a deluxe suite and it was so nice to have all this space. Not cramped like a hotel room would've been and it's private, unlike a bed and breakfast would've been. We would definitely recommend them and use them again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashlee W
Huntley, Illinois
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have stayed in several different places throughout Door County, but this is by far the best place yet. It is quiet with all rooms, which are suites, all have views of the bay. It was more comfortable with added amenities of overstuffed chairs and footstool. The very best was the modest price giving a sense of luxury at family friendly price.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vweiss923
Ishpeming, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Initially I was disappointed that I was unable to find lodging in Egg Harbor however when I pulled into the Bay Shore Inn, I was immediately wowed by the beauty of it. The grounds are well cared for and it is so inviting. Our suite, # 305 was in the north building and was clean and comfortable. I didn't want to leave the room and the view, amazing. The bed was comfortable. I simply can't say enough good things about the resort. Friendly and helpful staff. We traveled north to the little towns as far as Sister Bay and am even more thankful that I chose to stay in Sturgeon Bay. As other reviewers have noted there are more stores and a Walmart, Target and large grocery store. Sad to leave and will be back to Bay Shore Inn again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lagrange Park, Illinois
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I searched the Door Cty visitor guide for a place to stay in Sturgeon Bay and found The Bay Shore Inn. It was a great choice! We had room 312. The room was beautiful and had a view of the bay.
The grounds are well kept, & there is a small beach which we enjoyed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Only one small problem the indoor pool is in the north bldg. and we were in the south bldg. The next time we will ask for a room in the north bldg. We wished that we could stay another week, we didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the bay. The end rooms look over the bay and are the largest.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Andover
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My sister and I stayed here during the weekend of the Door County Century. It was conveniently located on the bike route. The grounds are beautiful and quiet. We enjoyed both pools and the hot tub. We did not have time to take a boat on the lake. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with a view of the lake. The deck was a good size and we had a gate off the deck so we could easily load and unload our cars. Each room had its own air conditioning unit which was nice but I found the one in my bedroom to be very noisy. My bed was way too soft and I found the mattress lumpy. My sister also found her bed to be too soft and lumpy but she did not think the air conditioning was too loud. Given the uncomfortable bed and loud air conditioning I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
bayshoredoorcounty, Manager at Bay Shore Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us but sorry you did not like our mattresses. If we can correct an issue for a guest we would and we do listen to all comments so thank you for your honesty, we do appreciate it. I don't want to sound defensive but honestly we get so many compliments on our brand new Beautyrest World Class Euro top mattresses that we keep handouts at our front desk because so many guests love these soft foam top mattresses and want the details on where to buy one for themselves. So while we aim to please everyone, not everyone likes the same type mattresses. We also have replaced almost all our A/C units in every suite hoping the new models were quieter, I will look into whether the A/C units in your suites have been replaced. We pride ourselves on making sure your vacation at The Bay Shore Inn is quiet and relaxing.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Bay Shore Inn for our anniversary after reading several reviews on tripadvisor. It is a great place to stay! We stayed in a room closest to the parking lot and at first I was afraid we wouldn't have a good water view but the view was still great. I honestly wish I could live in that room! Huge windows in the living room part, a great kitchen fully equipped with everything you need, a spacious bed room with a huge bed, AND a whirlpool tub?! Can I stay forever?? It was also very quiet. There was hardly anyone around! We had the pool all to ourselves! So great. Wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2013
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Best Western Maritime Inn
Best Western Maritime Inn
#6 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Bay Shore Inn? Share your experiences!