“PLASTIC MATTRESS COVER”

Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This rental was great! Beautiful views from our balcony in 211, clean rooms, nice pool. The only things that would have made it a Perfect 10 are a good night's sleep and a restaurant on the premises. Every time I turned in bed the plastic mattress cover work me and my husband up. It was actually making a crunchy noise. I understand the need for a mattress cover, but there must be some out there that don't make noise. Everything else about the place was terrific.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Halloween2013
foremostmgt, General Manager at Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay at Westwood Shores. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the mattress cover. We just purchased brand new ones for all of our beds and specifically purchased the upgraded fabric to avoid this situation. The covers are definitely not plastic. We appreciate your feedback and will monitor this situation because obviously a good nights sleep is important during your hotel stay! Otherwise we were happy to hear you enjoyed your room, the view and our pool. We hope you return again soon!

There are newer reviews for Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort

Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was our first stay at Westwood Shores and we were not disappointed. All of the rooms have full water views of Green Bay, all have balconies, and full kitchens. The property sits with in a few feet of the water between large residential properties. So it is very quiet, insulated from highway noise or other hotels.

Each unit has a separate bedroom, separate bathroom with jacuzzi tub, separate living area with full sized kitchen. The unit was in excellent condition, and was extremely well maintained.

The property faces the west so the sunsets are just spectacular !

If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing place to stay in Door County I would highly recommend this property. Their pricing is not inexpensive but it is an exceptional property.

Room Tip: All rooms have full water views.
1  Thank GilB867
foremostmgt, Manager at Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeng you again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I wish that I could leave a bad review, but we never got past the front desk. We had made reservations for a Premiere Suite weeks in advance. This was going to be a special weekend for my husband and myself. Arrived at about 4 pm...a little after their official check in time. The woman at the front desk confirmed out reservation and pointed out on the map, the 2nd best room the offer. Not the premiere suite we had reserved and paid for. I told her to check again because we had specifically reserved then top floor end room...the Premiere suite. We showed her our reservation confirmation and she acknowledged it very clearly stated PREMIERE. She began clicking away at her computer, obvisously flustered and having no explanation...or so she said. Phones rang, calls were taken and we continued to stand there, waiting for a resolution for our missing room.

She then stated that they didn't have any Premiere Suites left and that all they had was the one one floor down and "near" the end....basically a spare broom closet. I asked her to get the manager on the phone, which she did. After being informed by the front desk clerk what was going on, the first thing she (the absent manager) asked me when I took the phone was, "how can I help you". Well it was clear that it was up to her as to how this should be rectified. Why must I tell a manager how to help me. I explained to her again that our reservations were made weeks ago, and that now we have no room. Her explanation was that reservations are moved around all the time!!!
Reservations MOVED!!??!! Whats the point of making a reservation if you can just walk in off the street and get any room you like???

Meanwhile, a young woman was asking questions about her room and how they could pay for it. I glanced at the map that was given to her and what do you know, she had our room. Apparently they strolled in and they gave that couple the very best room they have.....OURS!!!

My discussion with the manager got no where, and the clerk not the least bit helpful so we just turned around and left.

Don't stay here. The hotel does not honor reservations!!
The Management lacks either the authority or caring to make errors right.
Go someplace else.
For the almost $300 per night price tag, you could get alot better service even without a reservation.

19  Thank Cheeseheadonwheels55

We are surprised that you have left such a bad review since you never got past the front desk. Your review is very unfair and as you can see by the other reviews your experience was certainly not typical for a stay at Westwood Shores. I apologize that there was an error in the reservation process and there was not a premiere suite awaiting you upon your arrival - as we explained that was an error on our part. It is unfortunate that you did not even look at the suite you were offered, as it is our best 'standard" unit and very close to the water. Your description of the unit is unfair since you did not even take the time to take a look. The desk clerk was flustered as you described, but also extremely apologetic and immediately called a manager. She apologized, offered some other options and you hung up and stormed out of the property. We would have loved to have made the situation right but were really never given that opportunity. Your review is full of misinformation from the rates quoted to the service you received, we have asked to have it removed from TripAdvisor however, at this point we believe our other reviews show our true colors and do not want to continue an online battle - we are very sorry you were unsatisfied.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is our second time staying at Westwood Shores. What a find, the units are spacious, immaculately clean and so nicely equipped. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the sunset views are nothing short of spectacular.
We would highly recommend Westwood to anyone vising Door County.

Room Tip: The premier rooms are worth the extra cost as the private balcony's for the premier rooms have t...
1  Thank bmccann115
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This place was wonderful! My husband and I stayed here for our 20th Anniversary and had a wonderful visit. We had never stayed in Sturgeon Bay and I have to say this was a perfect choice. The amenities, friendly staff, and the location can't be beat. Just a few minutes from downtown Sturgeon Bay, and 45 minutes from the tip of Door County.

So if your looking for a great spot to stay for a few days or a week this is your spot - oh and just tell them John and Jo sent you! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Every room is good, the building is set-up along the bay so that there is a beautiful view of the Ba...
2  Thank John W
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We love to stay at West wood Shores because it's quiet and peaceful. I recommend anyone to stay here, very nice staff and rooms are always clean!!! I lake is a nice view at night and the morning. Door County is such a nice place to visit, and I wouldn't mind living up there some day.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Koreen Z
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I are frequent guests at Westwood Shores. Aside from a couple of relatively small problems there, we have been very happy with our stays. The recent experience described by "Cheeseheadonwheels55" is of serious concern to me, and, should be a concern to all guests. I can't help but wonder if what was described could happen to us. We book our stays far in advance and really look forward to our reservations being in order (as they were made) when we go to check in.

What happened to "Cheeseheadonwheels55" would appear to be indefensible. Westwood Shores owes an explanation as to how something like that could ever happen. No explanation from Westwood Shores can only suggest a major screw-up on their part. If they screwed up, they should just admit it. Screw-ups do happen. Then, they need to assure everyone that it won't happen again. If there's more to the story...then let's hear it! I for one need their reassurance that it won't ever happen to me. If they don't, there are lots of other places to stay in Door County!

9  Thank 35WisconsinGuy
foremostmgt, General Manager at Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

We responded to that guest review separately as soon as we received it. There is usually a delay so you will see a management response when it is released by Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear you have always had positive experiences at Westwood Shores. That is the case with most of our guests, but as you say mistakes do happen. It was definitely a human error that the guests reservation was moved from a premium suite to a regular one bedroom. However, her reservation was on our books and we had a suite prepared for her arrival. She would not look at an alternative suite or consider any solution offered. In fact, that suite remained empty on a busy weekend because we cancelled her reservation. It was not the managers day off, she had worked a full 8 hour day and was called at home to speak to the guest later in the evening. We are so sorry that this We make every effort to accommodate and honor guests specific requests and can assure you that will happen in most instances as you know from previous experience and other guest comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Bay
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek
Best Western Maritime Inn
Best Western Maritime Inn
#3 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!