“quiet over night stay”

Super 8 Sturgeon Bay
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed 22 September 2011

we stayed here to be close to the lighthouse trolley tour of door county, a nice tidy and quiet place. would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed in the hotel 2 nights.Very clean,close to downtown ,nice service.
A breakfast very characteristic for a type.However people lactose or gluten intolerate have to be hungry.Some apples and bananas would solve the problem.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2011

1st stay here. Wanted hotel that accepted dogs. Never will stay here again. Upon check-in, man that checked us in was rude, had no name tag and argued with me over needing to pay. I had already pre-paid for this room to get a discount. I even had a receipt of transaction and he still wanted me to pay. Room in need of some repairs. Light bulb out. Tub would not drain and we found a large disgusting hair ball clogging under the stopper. We also found what appears to be a cleaning rag, looking ragged with holes, folded up and put on the rack as a washcloth. Remote had no back cover. Door latch lock does not even fit. This was a very affordable stay, the continental breakfast had the waffle maker, cereal, muffins, bread, and the fact that pets can stay are the minimal positives I can report. We have stayed at Comfort Inn in the past because pets can stay and it was many times better than the super 8 and still very affordable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kikiWi
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Don't stay here! This place is run down & shabby. The toilet did not flush. The water level in the tank is set so low it could not flush unless you took the lid off and held the valve til it filled. Called the desk about it and they said they were too busy to fix it. There is lint and fuzzies on the carpet. The stairwell to the exit had cobwebs around the door frame. The doors in and out were sagging on their hinges and difficult to open and close. Avoid this dump if you can!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank usatraveler86
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Note: Stay was not for Business or Pleasure - my stay with this hotel was a temporary solution to keep a roof over my head while transitioning 1200 miles between homes.

The rate wasn't terrible at about $270 for the 7 day-stay I needed, but I could've gotten a much cheaper room if I didn't want to have pool and hot tub access.

Everything I own is in my SUV, and to access the back seats I had to transfer half of my possessions into the room temporarily. My friends helped me do this, and it was about a two hour process. I paid the extra $14 for 2 of them to stay over the first night. Additional fees for each individual, despite the King bed being large enough for 3 grown adults.

On day 3, my friends and I got back together and used the pool and hot tub. The front desk lady went on a bender. Fine. Have your issues, but be polite about it.

She told my friends that she was closing the pool to clean it. Mind you, this is in the early afternoon hours, and cleaning is done overnight. They said okay.

She also reminded them that they couldn't use the pool as unregistered guests. Okay, fine. My friends told her they'd pay for the pool usage. She went away.

We went back to my room to get dried off and changed, and she came knocking. I answered the door and she told me that her hotel was personal property, that "just anybody from off the streets" is not allowed in her hotel, that she would call the cops if she ever saw them again in her hotel, and that I would have to leave if they had any further problems.

I asked her "What can I do to make this right?" and she just continued on her tirade about the above-mentioned topics. I said "okay" a bunch of times, fully ignoring her at this point, until she walked away from my door. Excuse me, HER door. Everything was hers and I need to respect that my $270 did not buy me any respect.

As promised, my friends paid for their pool usage on the way out with a credit card. They held up their end of the bargain without complaint.

Last summer, I worked the front desk at an oceanfront hotel. If someone pulled one over on us, or if we THOUGHT they'd pulled one over on us, we killed them with kindness and resolved the issue. So when we told the lady we'd take care of the charges, explain to me why she came back at us with 4 threats lined up? You should NOT own a hotel, let alone even WORK in this industry. And the good news is, you won't for much longer, given this economy. Word gets around. (Thanks Trip Advisor!)

So I've got 5 nights left on my stay and I'm feeling like a prisoner. Thanks Super 8 in Sturgeon Bay!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank HouseOfPanda
Reviewed 20 February 2011

You get what you pay for here. I don't have any major complaints other than we'd never been to Door County and weren't familiar with our surroundings. This hotel was at least 30 minutes away from everything we'd planned to do. Average room, service was ok, big breakfast spread. Stay here if you are on a super budget, like us!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2010

My boyfriend and I have stayed at this hotel at least five times. It is very reasonably priced for the Door County area. We've never really had a problem with service or the hotel in general. The one time we did have an issue, the staff was quite helpful and got someone to fix the problem. There are most definitely better hotels that we have stayed at, but for an inexpensive hotel, it's great.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
#15 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
Holiday Music Motel
Holiday Music Motel
#1 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Super 8 Sturgeon Bay? Share your experiences!