“Thank God there is a pool!”

Super 8 Sturgeon Bay
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reedsville, Wisconsin
“Thank God there is a pool!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I am a handicapped person. I call in advance to reserve the handicap room. I am told I will have the handicap room. I need walk in access to shower, bars by toilet, etc. I double and triple checked my reservation. Upon arrival BEFORE check in time, I al told my room was given away, but they have other rooms that suffice for handicap accessibility. They add a riser with feces on it to my toilet which is in a closet with a 18 inch doorway. No grab bars anywhere in shower and shower is in bathtub and I have limited mobility in my legs. Light fixtures in room were filthy. There was a different watt bulb in every fixture. Room made me dizzy.
THE BEDS WERE TERRIBLE! Low to the ground. I needed help getting in and out of bed. Mattress slipped of box spring so easy that I almost fell out of the bed when trying to get out. Desk person was of NO help. I was told I had a newly renovated room. I guess a gallon of blue paint means renovation. Chairs were stained and NOT usable by MY family. Furniture was old and discolored. Thank God, there was a nice pool with a public shower that I could use. I would not take my shoes off and you have to wear your swimsuit as it is out in the open. The pool is nice. NO HANDICAP doors.

Room Tip: Ask if bathrrom is enclosed. When was hotel last UPDATED! Are the beds TRULY queen or just full size...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2013

we stayed here on our trip to door county its located on the south end of town not a far drive to the shopping district of sturgeon bay directly off the main highway we didnt find it nosiey do to the large tree line on the highway the hotel was very clean and quiet the staff was very freindlt we arrived way to early for check in but the desk clerk was very helpful and told us things to do and see before we returned the room was very spacious and had a nice comfy chair we had a king bed that had a good matress the pool was nice but a wee bit cool the breakfast was a standard type but we only needed coffee so we could try the local dinners for breakfast all in all for the price in this area it is a fine place to stay

Room Tip: we were located on the first floor near the pool and exits
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Menasha
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We were made very comfortable during our 3 days at Super 8, and got good advice for meal planning, etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Super 8 Sturgeon Bay? Share your experiences!