“good food, fun time”

Pagels Sunset Bar & Grill Boat Launch
Ranked #58 of 85 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newark, Illinois, United States
“good food, fun time”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

the clam chowder is the best. also try the pan fried perch. nice atmosphere. great view of the bay. no complaints from our group.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank mds899

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Wonderful perch, great location”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

There were 6 seniors in our group and we all had the pan fried perch one Friday evening, and we all agreed that the perch was some of the best we'd ever eaten! We were seated right away and didn't have to wait overly long for our meals. They could used more experienced bartenders though. We sent one drink back (vodka martini) and weren't thrilled with the vodka & tonics. The bottled beer was great though. I couldn't give 5 stars because of this.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank bunnyyoop
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Their ad states that lightly breaded pan fried perch is their specialty. It was more like lightly perched grease soaked breading.
To be fair, the perch itself was very fresh, but I had to scrape a literal mountain of greasy breading off it in order to eat it. My wife gave up after 2 pieces. The food was terrible, and so was the service. We waited 30 minutes for just our salads, and the place wasn't very busy. In the interim, I had to go to the bar to get another beer because our server never came around to check on us. Strike 3 was the fact that a 12 oz. domestic beer was ridiculously priced- I've paid less at festivals/ fundraisers.
I am accustomed to the bartender or someone thanking you for your patronage as you are leaving, but even this little courtesy was not made. This is the first establishment in decades where I left absolutely no tip. None was warranted. And we had traveled 30-40 minutes from Sturgeon Bay to dine here- a royal waste of time.

Visited August 2012
Colorado
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I was a little skeptical before we arrived, but they were fantastic! I had the homemade pizza which was pretty good (but I'm a pizza snob) and my wife had the perch dinner, which was awesome! Also had a Baumiester Rootbeer on Tap! They had a very nice menu. I was expecting a typical sports bar type menu, but they were definitely a step above that. Great service & beautiful views of the Bay. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ski_in_co
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Good food, Great view”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I had wonderful service here. I was here early on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was quiet, maybe 4-5 tables full and about 8 people in the bar area,but it was quite early as I have said. The staff were great. The only complaint is that the bar area is so loud that anywhere you are in the restaurant the bar conversations are the loudest things you hear.

The view and the staff could not have been better. Both were well worth the visit. Food was very good and came out of the kitchen quickly.

I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited June 2012