“Pleasant and Affordable”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pleasant and Affordable”
Reviewed 8 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at Beach Harbor because it was close to Pottawatomie State Park, and a co-worker recommended staying there to take advantage of the fall colors. The lady at the front desk told us our room had recently been updated. It was simple but the bed had a down comforter instead of those flimsy things you often find in hotels. We came to Door County to enjoy the scenery, so we were happy with our choice to stay there. We found new little trails to hike in the park every morning. We enjoyed sitting at restaurant's patio and listening to the music. Over all, it was a great stay and we got a good deal on the room. There were a lot of young couples with dogs... but we didn't mind. We will go back when it is warm enough to swim.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LucyZander

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
chicago
Reviewed 1 October 2010

The Beach Harbor Resort is disgusting and dirty. And creepy! Never stay here. There was hair in our beds, the floor was filthy and I fully expected to be killed in the night. The restaurant Waterfront Mary's is supposed to be really famous for having traditional fish boils, but it was just creepy and they haven't had fish boils there in 4 years. The guy I talked to on the phone said the website hasn't been updated in 4 years. I don't think the hotel has been cleaned in 4 years either!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
12 Thank ChicagoLala2000
Stoughton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 September 2010

My Wife and I had a wonderful time here. The people were great and very friendly. It was a very laid back place away from everything. We saw the long ships go by the resort, what an experiance. When it came time to check out, we didn't want to go. If you like to be right next to the water this is the place to go. Beach Harbor resort also had very good food and I just can't get over how friendly everyone was. Randy Ree. Stoughton WI

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 August 2010

The rooms are NOTHING like the picture on their website. I think we were the only ones there without our dog. The furniture is scratched and beat up; the curtains were torn; dogs barked in several rooms every time a door opened or closed. The carpet and bedspread were old and crummy. Wouldn't go barefoot in there. Of all the places to stay in Sturgeon Bay, there is no reason to waste your time or money on this one. Period.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LovetoBikeWisconsin
anoka
Reviewed 13 August 2010

While we were checking in room 5 was complaining about his wet floor from the A/C that was leaking that the resort gave him a fan to dry the carpet with ... that is how our vacation started!
Then we got our rooms (we were traveling with another family) and went to check them out expecting them to be just as what we saw on the internet - what a disapointment! Room #1 wasn't quite as bad as our room #2 but neither looked like the photos. On the phone they told us of a newly renovated resort and rooms. The only thing new in Room #2 is the white down comforter, The paint was falling off the ceiling over the beds, off the walls in the bedroom and off the walls in the bathroom. There were holes in both rooms from where they decided to move pictures and paint over the holes w/o touching up the holes. They also taped off the wallpaper border and had repainted some time ago so the border was quite dated and yellowed from when it was smoking in the rooms. Cobwebs hung from the ceilings and door openings and the carpet wasn't vacuumed very well upon check in. To totally top it off - take a shower only to turn on the water to rust pouring out of the faucet first and then have the water stink the whole time! Oh, and I forgot to tell you that if you leave to go out to dinner in the evening on the weekends; don't plan on getting a parking spot when you get back because they have a band come in on Friday and Saturday nights with people bussing up from Green Bay - talk about total chaos! All I have to say is YUCK! If they would have let us cancel with giving us our money back we would have been out of there in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank aimmer
wisconsin
Reviewed 5 July 2010

If you really need a room, you better look elsewhere first. I made a reservation for a room at Beach Harbor. I gave them my credit card number and told them that I was reserving the room for my brother and asked if it was possible for them to pay with thier own cr card when they came, but use mine to hold it. The person told me that would be fine. Apparently the owner said this was not fine, because after I didn't recieve a confirmation after a few days I emailed and recieved this reply:

"We were unable to complete this reservation because we did not have an authorized credit card to be charged for the deposit. If you have any questions, please call the owner, J*** H***** at ****"

I called and they had already given my room to someone else, and now they were totally booked. Why would I give them my credit card to hold it if I wasn't willing to have it charged? Regardless, they didn't even call to ask or tell me of the situation. We have no room for out of state guests and a wedding to attend that day. Had I not called we would have found out the day of the wedding standing at the front desk...

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank juls2go
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Hotel was clean., a little old and worn out, but not the worst I've seen. Owners were helpful with information on things to do around town.Hotel had a very friendly dog (named Brett Favre) that loved my girls and followed us around almost all morning. Bar was open for food even after 9pm. On the Sturgeon Bay Canal, so will be awesome in the summer. Room only had one small bottle of Shampoo and Conditioner, so make sure to bring your own personal hygiene items.Had a pull out couch that wan't in the hotel description, so this was an added bonus.

Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor
The Ashbrooke
The Ashbrooke
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Beach Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!