“Room Service?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Stone Harbor Resort
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Oak Brook, Illinois
“Room Service?”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Normally I will wait until I leave a hotel before I write a review, but I just spent 31 dollars on what I thought was going to be a wonderful dinner. Since there was no room service menu in the room I contacted the front desk and they were extremely nice and said they had copies available there. I picked one up and ordered from my room. I placed my order for Seafood Alfredo and after about 1/2 hour there was a knock on the door...the gal was delightful and placed my tray on the desk. As soon as she closed the door I noticed that it was a chicken dish and not seafood. I contacted room service to notify them of the mistake and the guy who answered the phone was a bit cold, but said he would fix it...that is all I was interest in. Well...another 1/2 hour or so there was a knock at the door and two girls brought the correct entree. Let me tell you it was the worst meal I have had in a long time...most of it ended up on the tray in the hall for them to pick up. The alfredo had no taste, was very soupy and was sitting in a sea of what looked like oil or butter....the vegetables (the menu said sauteed) were raw..raw onion, peppers and zuc that must have been waved over a flame. The seafood was the only thing that looked cooked so I stuck to that and stopped eating because there was no flavor at all - the meal wasn't even hot. The entire experience was disturbing in that they have the nerve to charge that kind of money for awful food. The majority of my dinner consisted of two rolls and the decafe coffee I ordered. Other than one experience, everyone here is nice and the facility is clean, beautiful and inviting. I thought I would round off what was turning into a great experience, with a nice meal....silly me.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room overlooking the bay. Don't order from the restaurant. My low raing...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Barrington, il
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Very nice hotel with beautiful view of harbor outside your door. Perfect for boating community but very close to Door County attractions. Housekeeping very nice and easy to communicate with. Nice pools. Bar staff not bad just not very friendly - but that seems to be the norm for Door County (with some exceptions of course).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My recent stay at the Stone Harbor Resort was nothing short of fantastic. The rooms are spacious and the views are incredible. But the most important feature is the service. The staff is helpful and friendly and always greets you with a smile. Manager Nancy Bertz went out of her way to make my stay enjoyable. Well done. I will indeed return!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stilpr
Kiel, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed there in the spring of 2013 for a quick overnight date with my wife. Hotel staff was very nice. Hotel and the room were very clean. We ate dinner in the restaurant which was good and the bar was a fun place to hang out for an after dinner drink. Views of the harbor area are really nice. Great hotel for couples but I would also consider it for a family trip too. Walking distance to heart of downtown Sturgeon Bay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Woodstock, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed in a ground floor two bedroom suite on July 14. The room was lovely, spacious, very sparkling clean and offers everything one would need for an extended stay. We didn't spend much time exploring the facility except to enjoy the views and lush grounds from one of our two terraces. We were surprised to find that the hotel ran an extension cord to the electrical receptacle on our terrace when one of our party nearly fell after tripping on the cord. The cord was connected to a speaker that was sitting right outside our living room window and it was booming loud music for a party occurring close by. While the music didn't continue until the late hours it concerned us based on some of the reviews we read. When we reported the cord and the near accident to the reservations manager the next morning, she was surprised and said she would report our experience to her general manager. It will remain to be seen if we hear from him about the potential hazard. We liked the facility but would probably choose another similar property without an conference center for our next stay in October.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Beautiful views of harbor on Green Bay here. Hotel is very well located. Nice, but small. Not glitz and glamour, but not expensive either. People are very friendly. Food in restaurant was just ok, but the views are included.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
rockford
Reviewed 18 July 2013

we stayed at Stone Harbor last Thursday. Wow - place was great. super friendly staff, facilities are beautiful and the location cant be beat. Value was excellent. We had six golfers and it was perfect. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor
The Landing Resort
The Landing Resort
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Stone Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!