“wedding guest at the hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Stone Harbor Resort
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Mayville, Wisconsin
“wedding guest at the hotel”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed there as a wedding guest. Had a double queen room with a balcony. Balcony overlooked the pool and patio which was very nice. Our room was small. No refrig. Did not realize that the beds were different, one was very firm (board like) and the other was rather comfy. Unloaded our stuff on the wrong bed, and ended up sleeping on the firm one. For one night it was okay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed a few days in August. The place is fairly old but still in very good condition. We had a three bedroom condo which is a one bedroom with two adjoining hotel rooms. that was all fine. But wouldnt you think if someone is renting a three bedroom (that sleeps 10 people) we may need more than 4 plates and silverware etc? We didnt call and ask either, but I dont think they would have provided us with enough. We asked for more diswashing detergent and they were only able to spare one packet. I know it is extra to dock your boat there, but cannot comment because we had cold weather and were not able to bring it. Also NO GRILLS. really? What kind of resort doesnt have a grill on the property. Probably not a big deal to most, but we want to be able to grill out. I emailed ahead to ask this question. And got a less than friendly response from the front desk manager. So I was already unimpressed with this place. Very close to downtown and close enough to walk to some shops and restaurants. Inn at Cedar Crossing is very good. We didnt eat here so I cannot comment on that either. NO DVD Players. really? We had a bunch of kids and couldnt even get rid of them with putting in a movie. Again not really a big deal, but it was to us. We brought a gaming system for the kids and they couldnt play that either. Pool areas are very nice. I dont need to go back here. Plenty of other places in Door County.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cosmo930
Northfield, MN
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The location if the resort was great. We enjoyed walking to shopping & restaurants. Our daughter enjoyed sitting out by the pool. Our breakfast waitress at the outside seating far exceeded our expectations! She took very good care of us.

• Stayed August 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first visit to Stone Harbor, it was very nice and I enjoyed my stay. I stayed in a double queen room, which was nice but quite small. The bathroom was fine and very clean, should provide conditioner along with the shampoo however! Refrigerators in the rooms would be a nice addition.

I was part of a wedding at the resort this past weekend and everything for the wedding went smoothly and on time. The staff was very friendly & accomodating when I asked for a few small changes to my reservation. Overall I enjoyed my stay and I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

As a quasi-native, I'm pretty picky about where I stay in the Door. Some places are too remote while others are too crowded and touristy. I've settled on Sturgeon Bay as a good home base, and in Sturgeon Bay I love staying at Stone Harbor.

I must have changed my mind about what type of room I wanted and how long I was staying there about six times. It
didn't phase Patti at all! In fact she even offered me a discount because I was a returning guest! This is was on a weekend in high tourist season, so I was pretty impressed.

When we got in, we did have to wait a bit for our room-it being a weekend in high tourist season, we understood. Good thing it's within walking distance of a cute shopping district and a fudge shop.

The room itself was lovely! My only real gripe was that the Murphy bed in the room was sold out...I chose the studio suite because it was literally the only room type available and now I know why...not a comfy bed!! The room was a great value with a kitchen, fireplace, and bay view. If we had wanted to, say, ballroom dance during the day we could have put the bed up, I suppose.

I'll for sure be back in the future...but next time I'll just spring for a room with a real bed or make sure to book far enough in advance to have my
pick of the room types...I was lucky they even had anything!

• Stayed August 2013
Appleton
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our whirlpool room. The view of the bay, especially sunset and the draw bridge. Plenty of boats and yachts, some fisherman, saw a young boy catch and release a dandy SmallMouth Bass. Walking distance to the Third St shops, wifey says very nice! Grounds were, clean, same building and room. Despite other reviews about noise in the halls, we had a wedding party staying in our wing, and we did not hear them overnight. It has a nice conference center which should not be used against it, just recognize this is NOT a boutique hotel
We would diffenitly stay here and even bring a group.

• Stayed September 2013
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My family (husband and two children 4 & 8)traveled to Door County for a quick two days. We spend one night at the resort. Its location is great. The rooms could use a little updating (Carpet looks pretty worn and bed mattresses could be replaced) but other than that the room appeared to be clean. The front desk was very helpful and friendly - check-in was a breeze! The room was very quiet - we did not hear any noise from the other rooms. We did have a small balcony that overlooked the pool and waterfront. We will definitely return and perhaps for a longer stay with extended family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony