Stone Harbor Resort
US$99
US$85
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$133
Quality Inn & Suites(Sturgeon Bay)
US$132
US$119
QualityInn
Best Western Maritime Inn(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$127
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$189
Cherry Hills Golf & Lodge(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$105
Hotwire.com
TripAdvisor
Snug Harbor Inn(Sturgeon Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmurphy bedstudio suitedoor countyoutdoor poolpacker gamegetaway weekendgreat weekendwater frontget awaybit datedlong weekendoff seasongreen baywe've stayeddowntown areawhirlpool tublake michigan
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Excellent location, Very clean rooms and the Staff was very friendly..
a nice restaurant and bar We recommend it highly

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I stayed Valentine's Day weekend with a friend and his partner. In my reviews I normally include what I paid per night, but I did not pay for this weekend away, so I can't include that in this review.

When we arrived to the resort check-in was extremely quick. We were in our room in less than five minutes. Our front-desk rep was very friendly and efficient.

The resort is very convenient to the downtown area. This is my first time to Sturgeon Bay (my friends had been several times), and I absolutely LOVE it. We did not eat or drink at the resort. The one night we were going to have a few cocktails the bar was packed, so we walked to this little hole in the wall called Cherry Lanes. It's a bowling alley/bar. We had the BEST time.

I wish there was more I could say about the place. Rooms were clean (although the hallway did have some type of sewage smell to it), upstairs neighbors were extremely noisy, other than that, great time. Although, this is a slow time of year for them, so my review may be different during peak season.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2008

Stayed here during a December weeknight on a business trip.

Room rate was fine, facility very quiet and pleasant, always a favorite. Fireplace in room was great. free & easy internet.

The restaurant is not overpriced, but the food is 100% lackluster. Erma, someone should actually inform the chef that salt, pepper and spices can be used in cooking. Waitstaff was friendly and there are no worries, but then again, they were not exactly busy.

I had stayed here about 7 years ago and thought the pillows were far to overstuffed.

Seven years is a long time and I forgot my previous pillow related discomfort. To my surprise - the place was in a time machine. The pillows are still overstuffed, hard and very uncomfortable - I ended up taking the spare blanket out of the closet and used that as a pillow - and finally got 3 hours sleep.

Of course the overhard mattress was none too comfy either. With the new standards seen in 3 star US based hotels, almost all the brands have new bedding packages and soft comfy pillows. I doubt the hotel can reasonably afford to spend that type of money for this very seasonal location, which is a true shame.

In the morning I could not make a local call from the room, despite following the written and verbal instructions (from the front desk) and being generally familiar with the use of hotel telephones. Oh well, it would have been 50 cents just to call across the street anyway ..........so I walked across the street before my shower and passed the message in unshaved person.

Since I could not go without sleep a second night of this long running multi-city business trip, I checked out.

With an off season occupancy rate of clearly less than 10%, I was charged a $20 "early checkout fee." Perhaps the management was aggrieved at the lost revenue and believes an off season "probably the only guest in the hotel" special early check out charge on a 2 nite stay is appropriate.

My small company spends approx. $1 million a year on international / domestic travel expenses. Ten of us are on the road for over 40 weeks a year - so we know hotels / airlines / restaurants of all stripes. We are not travel snobs, but we do know what works and what is not working for the business traveller.

The comments others have posted are accurate. A fine location, a beautiful building with nice comfy appointments, really truly a fabulous building for the local area and right on the water- but the finer details for guest service and comfort do need some attention.

As mentioned above, the cost / resulting revenue balance is probably a stretch for the available resources in the seasonal and ex-urban Door County.

Someone needs to take a look at Camden, Maine to see what this city and this hotel have the potential to become with a different business model.

Best wishes for good success, but until you change the pillows and mattresses in at least a few of the rooms, don't wait on our business traveller money to get there .............

Next business trip, it will be the AmeriSuites or one of the main brands present in Green Bay.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank yachtsurvey
Reviewed 22 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at Stone Harbor while on business. Looked beautiful from the outside but everything else left a lot to be desired. The service in both the bar and restaurant were awful. We tried to eat there for breakfast one morning, but finally left after almost 15 min. of sitting at a table and not even getting water or service. The worst part was the first day we were there, my husband accidently left his time piece on the nightstand and when we returned in the afternoon, it was gone. The management was not helpful in the least, after we both went to the front desk at diffferent times. There were no apologies, no one said I'll check into it and get back to you, no one cared at all! No one contacted us, no one followed up, we were told we would be hearing from the insurance company, but have not. We know who cleaned our room that morning, a mother-daughter team working the same floor. Who does that? allow family to work together without supervision? Service was non-existent. We will definitely not be recommending this hotel to anyone we know and will never be staying there ourselves.

Stayed: August 2008
4  Thank dianelee60
Reviewed 11 September 2008

We stayed at this hotel for four days in September. Our room was very nice. It was clean, which is my first concern. The room was spacious, with a beautiful view. The only bad thing was the bedroom was tiny. There was only one dim light, and the whirlpool took so much space that there was only room for one small bedside table. Other than the bedroom, I wouldn't change a thing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Rose-Grows